Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJ (Big Bad John)

Flower Dude
Oct 31, 2002
Chesterville
State / Prov
ON
About water dripping from Christmas greens!!

Had a complaint today about a small round table center that was leaking, Recipient brought the arrangement in and the oasis was dry (no water in round oasis bowl) and some of the flowers were starting to wilt, I told them no problem and promptly replaced the arrangement with a fresh one from the cooler.

After the happy customer left I filled the bowl with water making sure the bottom of the container was dry and placed it on the counter.............sure enough after about 5 minutes there was water on the counter, checking a little closer we found the water was running down the pine greens and onto the counter just like a wick or syphon!!!! Within three hours the dish was empty!!

We had this happen once before about 10 years ago, and at that time we blamed it on using pine that was left outside in the snow and therefore wet when we greened the table centers......but this one was bone dry when the recipient brought it in (even the oasis was almost totally dried out), and the moment we watered it the water started to syphon out!!!

Just wondering if anyone else has run across this???

candle.gif
candle.gif

Sorry Luc.....But this may be the only way I can dry up this arrangement!

Never had that ... usually it's just people who don't take the arrangement OUT of the box ... and instead just water the box.

Somehow, that's OUR fault when their tablecloth gets wet???

water dripping out

we had this happen many years ago.. found it was the pine was put in the foam. if pine is pushed in foam with the end of the pine being pushed up in to the foam then yes it acts as a wick and will drain all the water from the arr. just make sure it is put in so that the stem is going down in the foam joanne:D

Status
Not open for further replies.