Ability to segment email list

Palms

Apr 1, 2008
Widnes
www.about-flowers.co.uk
State / Prov
cheshire
I suggest that we have a facility (simple one) to segment the email list. This could be categorised by numbers and could be used or not used.

Categories could include

Man
Woman
Business
Bride

We could then be more specific with email campaigns such as new bridal ideas to brides, corporate balloon designs and flowers to business, valentines to men etc etc.

I think we would get more response from this and this could really improve the bottom line imo. Segmentation is the way to go as Florists offer such a diversity of products.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Paula, I think that having a segmented e-mail list may seem like a good idea, but I would be careful on segmenting to much. I think that many times customer order because you have reminded them to order flowers. If you send to only a specific type of person male, female, business, or bride you may be missing out on reminding them to send for another reason that maybe your e-mail was not aimed at. Example: If you only target men for a valentines day e-mail, you may miss out on the woman who might order for a friend that may need cheering up on that day or a gay woman who wants to send to her girlfriend, or a mom who you might just remind with your e-mail that she is away from home.

What specific targeting were you considering?

Well i want to up my marketing efforts to corporate and weddings. So, sending out an email generically about new chair cover deals is going to turn a lot of people off.

On the corporate side i want to send out pictures of corporate events, awards evenings with balloons. Now i know by sending them generic i "could" send to someone who has a job organising this sort of thing but i also think i run the risk of them thinking it is no longer relevant.

For the general ones i would send out to everyone.

Every marketing course or book i have read or attending talks in general about segmentation and i think that as florists we offer our products to a diverse demographic for such different reasons.

I think my emails would seem more interesting and relevant.. (actually at the moment ihave not sent one out in yonks :( but i am onto it)...

I must say though, i am suggesting that we make our own categories. We could even have a funeral homes one to which we send out email blasts of our new funeral work or special priced budget pieces?? Just throwing some ideas out, on the first slurp of coffee..

Reactions: anytimeflowers
How's this sound:

We haven't discussed it much yet, but one of the features of the new system is to create different user groups for customers. You can also assign those groups to products, so that a customer who purchases Product X automatically becomes a member of Group Y (and optionally, Group Z, etc).

The optional Mailing List add-on gives you the ability to send to customers in specific groups.

Think we could have some fun with this? ;)