Artistry in Bloom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi J,
Sorry I don't know your name. Thank you for your nice comments.
As far as the photos go. I take them all myself with my Olympus digital camera. I have no photography training. I take the photos inside my studio on a table just beside the glass door. Depending on where the sun is sometimes I will open the door to let in more light.As far as the lighting in the studio it is the natural daytime flourescent lights.
Thank you for the tip about the doll holders. That is a great idea .
Dianne

Hi Dianne and Welcome,

You have an amazing web site, very user friendly and your work is excptional. Excellent photography very well done. The layout is fantastic. Hope to see more of you here soon.

Best Wishes,

John

Question

Are you in the business to satisfy consumers or to have the opportunity to be creative?

You can be both, but satisfying the consumer must be foremost. If you want just the consumer who appreciated creativity and if there are enough of them, you can do both.

In our blue color town that just lost about 1,000 jobs due to the high cost of fuel, I doubt that there are enough consumers who want creativity.

Please don't get me wrong, just put your customers' wants first, yours should come second.

Tom Carlson AAF

Are you in the business to satisfy consumers or to have the opportunity to be creative?

You can be both, but satisfying the consumer must be foremost. If you want just the consumer who appreciated creativity and if there are enough of them, you can do both.

In our blue color town that just lost about 1,000 jobs due to the high cost of fuel, I doubt that there are enough consumers who want creativity.

Please don't get me wrong, just put your customers' wants first, yours should come second.

Tom Carlson AAF
Hello Tom,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question since I always put my customers needs and preferences first and probably more so than most florists.In most cases I even send an email picture of the arrangement that went out on their behalf.
Unlike you I don't live in a blue collar town although there are some towns up island in the forest industry that have just had two mills shut down with over 1000 employees loosing their jobs just last week and many more before that.
Here in the capital city the unemployment rate is very low and employers are actually offering incentives to lure new employees.
Living on an island does offer many challenges in this industry because the wholesale cost of flowers and everything else tends to be anywhere from 20-40% higher because everything must come in by air or a 90 minute ferry ride from the mainland.This also creates a problem with availability of certain flowers for last minute orders.
So in answer to your question yes I love to be creative but my customers wants have always and will always come first.
Dianne

Status
Not open for further replies.