Not open for further replies.

artistry in bloom

Jul 24, 2007
Victoria
www.flowerartisan.com
State / Prov
British Columbia
Hi ,

I actually registered about 6 months ago but I forgot my password and now it seems I can't get back into the whole site.
I have owned a small floral design studio in Victoria BC since July 2005.
Prior to that I owned a flower shop in downtown Victoria but found the rent was too high to be profitable.It seems other florists here are also finding the rents too high as three shops have all just closed within the last month.
I actually prefer working out of a small studio because I enjoy being creative and this gives me the time for that.
My website is www.flowerartisan.com .
Dianne

Reactions: 3 people
Hello Preston,

It was called Blossom Cottage. It was in a beautiful heritage cottage in James Bay but it was in a tourist area rather than an area that local residents frequent so there was virtually no walk in traffic other than hotel visitors.We had it beautifully decorated with antiques and chandeliers and had a wide range of floral products including floral gourmet.It was definitely a learning experience.
I realized that most of our floral business(aside from the giftware) came from either phone or internet so I decided to try working from a small studio behind my house which has actually worked out very well. Both the commute and the overhead are great. I actually get more local residents come by here than we did at the store.It's not a perfect situation because I no longer have a business partner or staff but it can be very rewarding and challenging at the same time.
Thank you for your interest.
Dianne

Welcome Diane,

I love the bouquets in shoes! How fun are they! Beautiful bouquets and nice website

Thanks Twila,

The shoes are fun to do. It's a bit of a challenge to find new shoes that are really cheap but every now and then I manage to find some.I'm constantly looking for unusual one of a kind containers. I've just had to remove quite a few of my most popular arrangements because I ran out of the the containers and can't get any more.At least I have full control over my website so I can add and remove the arrangements whenever I want.
Thanks for the welcome.

Your design work is fantastic!!!

Welcome!

Thank you so much! I have always loved flowers since I was 6 years old. I love working with flowers.
I hope to learn more about our business from this forum.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Dianne

Welcome "Again"

Your love for flowers shows in your work very very nice!

Thanks Brad. I hope your Mother's Day sales are going well. I'm almost sold out of plants already but it seems a little slower this year for arrangements.The good thing though is that people seem to be spending more this year.
I always start to panic about this time but it seems every year I sell out so I guess I should just relax and go with the flow.
Dianne

Thank you. It took me 4 months to design so I appreciate the comment.
I hope you have a great Mother's Day week!
Dianne

I look at a lot of websites and yours is very nice!

Congrats on taking that part of the business very seriously.

Your design work and your website is outstanding. How do you get such beautiful images?

It is a sad day when such an obviously talented florist is unable to sustain a shop environment.

In my humble opinion you are wasted not being on show to the public although the goods on your website are a credit to you.

Welcome back Dianne... and your site and work are absolutely lovely.

V

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your web site and obviously your work. Your a true artist!

Can you please share with everyone how you get such great photos? What type of lighting set up do you have? Just a tip.....I have found that doll holders are great holders for hand tied boquets to take pictures.

Hi Treen,

Thank you for such nice comments.I am totally exhausted today. I sold out of Mother's Day flowers yesterday and I am happy that I am able to take my own Mother out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.