Art's $40,000.00 sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My direct competition went with Art,
Boss old me to stay calm it wasn’t all that great a site.
Well that was Feb 09 two days b4 V-day and I’m still here and he is not doing oh so well as I hear it from my wholesalers.
I will keep anyone who is interested posted

Hello Dee Dee,
I think in all fairness if you choose to make topics they should include names. The idea that you look to wholesalers for information discounts your opinion. Seth you boss seemed very interested when he had me come up and speak to florists in your area to help enlighten them to marketing. Seth was very curious and expressed interest in the site but unfortunately, the competitor exercised their right to exclusivity leaving us no option for Seth to have the website.

I would hope that you may not have been informed of these details before making such comments.

As always, I welcome your call or anyone who would like to discuss our industry or who many have questions about what it is we do at Beneva Flowers or Local Flower Shop.com directory.

Art.

Times have changed...We have more ability today

Thanks, I was just doing my job on the order, but appreciate the kudo's.

Not sure you and I have anything to talk about Art. My mission is to kill anything not ethical in this industry, including but not limited to the wire services, Yellow Pages and anyone who operates outside their local delivery area, like JustFlowers, BloomsToday and any other non-florist. I have a feeling your agenda and mine are not inline with each other.

It's not about money to me, it's about returning ethics to an industry that was built on them, but was raped and left by the road without a suitcase.

It's sad to me, that the industry that provided for 3 generations of my family, and is now doing so with the 4th in my daughter has been allowed to become pimps and whores. We're better than that. Too bad there is not a group of florists, like yourself, Randy , Gary , Joe, Bruce, Bill and a few others willing to do whats right rather than what makes them money and kill FTD, 800Flowers and Teleflora and go back to what worked for everybody in 1910, principles and ethics before dollars. Imagine how much more money we would all make if the 3 thieves were removed from society.

I hear you Mark. But today, we have more ability to market and while some choose to be unethical like changing names and looking like they are in a town they don't have a location in, we can all do a better job with our own customers. Having the right attitude on the phone, building our own customers. Most shops just open the doors and fill orders instead of building relationships with customers. It's the little thinks. Check out the Youtube we are releasing tomorrow on customer experiences at a retail florist. I hope you will like it.
Art.

Reactions: 2 people
My direct competition went with Art,
Boss old me to stay calm it wasn’t all that great a site.
Well that was Feb 09 two days b4 V-day and I’m still here and he is not doing oh so well as I hear it from my wholesalers.
I will keep anyone who is interested posted
Not sure where my reply went but wanted to be sure it was clear that when you boss Seth inquired about the website, his competitor used their exclusivity to protect their area. This shop is doing extreemly well and just started using the wedding module to increase and manage wedding sales. Like I said, we do not go out and activly promote the website application. It really is not for everyone.
Art

Not sure where my reply went but wanted to be sure it was clear that when you boss Seth inquired about the website, his competitor used their exclusivity to protect their area. This shop is doing extreemly well and just started using the wedding module to increase and manage wedding sales. Like I said, we do not go out and activly promote the website application. It really is not for everyone.
Art
By the way, I do appreciate Seth bringing me up there to speak at the florist convention. Several shops seemed to open their eyes and begin doing something about the state of our industry.
Art

I hear you Mark. But today, we have more ability to market and while some choose to be unethical like changing names and looking like they are in a town they don't have a location in,
Art.
Yea, a lot of people "hear" me, but sadly many talk out of both sides of their faces and while they say they want to help change things they continue to enable the fraud.

I see the page for Midland on LFS does show you listed, even though it now says you do not have a member there. That's cool, wonder if that order you sent me a couple weeks back , came from LFS?

One thing Art, if you are sincere about righting the industries wrongs, why no link to FloristDetective.com on YOUR LINKS PAGE which lists a lot of junk? Afraid to share the truth with the world? You might want to read this thread.

If you so choose, you can steal a copy of the logo from my profile here or I can send you one.

Until there is a group of florists with the industries future at the heart of any "program" there will be no good thing to come from **any** effort put in by me, you, Bruce or anyone.

Reactions: ivygreen
Status
Not open for further replies.