Art's $40,000.00 sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ART CONFORTI ??? - Beneva Enterprises - 40 thousand dollars to build a website??????

Are you serious - He really charges that amount of money ???????

localflowershop.com

does anyone subscribe for the $300/year to the localflowershop.com site run by Art? I just got a phone call from Art after we refused an order from Coast to Coast floral as they looked like an OG...
Just curious? Right now our site comes up higher in a google search than his localflowershop.com site when searching for "local flower shop durango, co"
Thanks!
Amy

No....................

Cathy (CHR) is, and I see she carries the Conforti Collection items too.

I don't find them often enough in searches to justify that annual fee.

Reactions: LJVF and A's Garden
I've heard they wash buckets.

Reactions: HeatherTuckey
My direct competition went with Art,
Boss old me to stay calm it wasn’t all that great a site.
Well that was Feb 09 two days b4 V-day and I’m still here and he is not doing oh so well as I hear it from my wholesalers.
I will keep anyone who is interested posted

Reactions: A's Garden
I cancelled my memBership to the directory about two months ago...Last month I remailed my request and was removed after a few emails from Art asking why...I then asked to be removed for the free part...I was told that it is a directory and he has the right to list me. I once again asked to be removed from that as well and was told that he would as all I want to do is fight...
When I first listed with them it worked quite well...after running numbers for the last year, it is not, even tho it shows hits everytime something supposedly visits my listing but they never matched up to phone or web orders...anyway, I get more results naturally than I did from LFS.

I did not renew after last year.

Reactions: A's Garden
Websites doing well

I wonder how Art's $40,000.00 website packages are fairing in this economy...

I know my Strider site's working just fine ;)
Hi Mark,
First of all, thans for taking good care of the order we just sent you. I got your message. Great job as always!

I wish you would call me if you would really like to know how website sales are going. But for the record, I have not apprached anyone to buy a website. Our sites are not for everyone. many people think a website if for showing arrgmnts and taking orders. This is not our customers. I always say, if the site does not pay for itself with new business then why buy it?

It has come a long way in the past 2 years hence the increase in price. When you look at the users of the application, I think that is the best referal you can ask for.
We only work with one shop in a given area and are not looking for more users. I just returned from 2 new instals and trying to get 2 more done before the holidays.

You know, the industry is changing fast and more opportunities are on the web than in your local town. The payment is under 900 a month, try opening a shop for that amount and running it. After 4 years it's paid off. It is an investment. We had 3 people just make their last payments this summer and now free and clear. Imagine if you had to pay a fee per order? Now that can be expensive. Let's see, just how long is forever?

Call me anytime Mark. We always need new and fresh ideas. What once worked in our industry and since changed. Remember, a bend in the road isn't the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn.

All my best,
Art.

Did not renew?

I did not renew after last year.
I would be concerned why? Did you track your results? It looked like you did very well. So by not listing, you only allow more traffic to your competition. I would hope you got your money's worth.

Art.

Salesman?

I really appreciate it, confirms my suspicions. He was waaaayyyyyy too slick of a salesman and wouldn't let me off the phone.
Have a great weekend all! Hope you're as busy with weddings as we are today :hug:

Hi, sorry you felt that way. These are opportunities and if I remember, you do not track your ads so you would never see the true value.
Anyway, it may be worth your time to talk to people who are having positive results. Isn't it funny how we find it so easy and exciting to announce how we turn people away?

BY THE WAY, the order I gave you was from Local Flower Shop. There was no listing so we took the order and wired it to you. Since then Forget Me Not has been pleased. I would have appreciated a call. There is no reason to feel that way. Call me anytime.
Art.

ART CONFORTI ??? - Beneva Enterprises - 40 thousand dollars to build a website??????

Are you serious - He really charges that amount of money ???????
I always say, if the site does not pay for itself with new business then why buy it?

It has come a long way in the past 2 years hence the increase in price. When you look at the users of the application, I think that is the best referal you can ask for.
We only work with one shop in a given area and are not looking for more users. I just returned from 2 new instals and trying to get 2 more done before the holidays.

You know, the industry is changing fast and more opportunities are on the web than in your local town. The payment is under 900 a month, try opening a shop for that amount and running it. After 4 years it's paid off. It is an investment. We had 3 people just make their last payments this summer and now free and clear. Imagine if you had to pay a fee per order? Now that can be expensive. Let's see, just how long is forever?

We always need new and fresh ideas. What once worked in our industry and since changed. Remember, a bend in the road isn't the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn.

All my best,
Art.

Call me anytime Mark. We always need new and fresh ideas. What once worked in our industry and since changed. Remember, a bend in the road isn't the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn.

All my best,
Art.
Thanks, I was just doing my job on the order, but appreciate the kudo's.

Not sure you and I have anything to talk about Art. My mission is to kill anything not ethical in this industry, including but not limited to the wire services, Yellow Pages and anyone who operates outside their local delivery area, like JustFlowers, BloomsToday and any other non-florist. I have a feeling your agenda and mine are not inline with each other.

It's not about money to me, it's about returning ethics to an industry that was built on them, but was raped and left by the road without a suitcase.

It's sad to me, that the industry that provided for 3 generations of my family, and is now doing so with the 4th in my daughter has been allowed to become pimps and whores. We're better than that. Too bad there is not a group of florists, like yourself, Randy , Gary , Joe, Bruce, Bill and a few others willing to do whats right rather than what makes them money and kill FTD, 800Flowers and Teleflora and go back to what worked for everybody in 1910, principles and ethics before dollars. Imagine how much more money we would all make if the 3 thieves were removed from society.

Reactions: 1 person
I would be concerned why? Did you track your results? It looked like you did very well. So by not listing, you only allow more traffic to your competition. I would hope you got your money's worth.

Art.

1) It's nice to see you posting here, and replying to some of the questions posed about LFS & your marketing efforts. I hope the conversation continues.

2) We track referrals by phone & online. While it may have "looked like" we did well, we did not. We do ask every new phone customer where they found us, and I recall 2, maybe 3 callers mentioning LFS. In looking at the referral results for our TF site, LFS never made the top 10 referrers.

I understand having another listing may help "push" us up on the search results, but have found alternate ways to list our shop, that don't require the annual fees of LFS.

Glad to see you here, really.
:)

I understand having another listing may help "push" us up on the search results, but have found alternate ways to list our shop, that don't require the annual fees.....
There was a time when a florist almost "needed" to pay to be listed in places to get their name and links out there. I do not think that is the case any longer.

More and more florists, especially those of the FlowerChat Nation are better informed, have better tools, better (shared) information, better websites and darn near everything you need to get to the top in any given market and if not, the 10 Pak in cities like Dallas or Miami and Anaheim.

There was a time when listing sites/directories had a place, but today some florist run directories hosted on their own sites are starting to creep up in the rankings, and paid listings are becoming irrelevant. This trend will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.