Status
Not open for further replies.

LJVF

Sep 25, 2007
San Diego
www.lajollavillageflorist.com
State / Prov
CA
Hey Ryan, is there anyway to extend the time on the auto log out feature perhaps by an extra 10 minutes?

Sometimes when I'm creating a long post, or even a short one that took me a long time for various reasons, it gets lost because of the auto log out feature (I think). When I click "submit", I'm logged out and everything is gone. Sometimes I can use the back button (before I log in) and my post is still there, but sometimes not.

I've learned to copy my post before submitting, but sometimes I forget.

Maybe it only happens to me, if so then never mind, I'll deal with it.

Thanks!

Thanks Erlene and Ted, I'll take a gander in the control panel and see if there's an option.

Darrel:
Just don't hit the log out button at the top right side of the screen.

When you want to exit FC, just hit the red X at the top right of your screen. that's what I do, & I stay logged in all the time.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I think you're mistaking the "remember me" feature in which your login info is remembered so you never have to input your id and password.

It's my understanding that everyone automatically logs out after a certain period of time. This is evidenced by looking at the "who's online" section. I don't believe anyone's name is listed 24/7 in this section, unless they are using an auto refresh plug in or are viewing a section which auto refreshes. Only the names listed are the ones that are actually logged in.

So if one were to start a post, go away for 30 minutes, come back and finish the post, the post would be lost after hitting submit. This is the error message (btw, I never hit the log out button):

error.jpg

I never have to re-log in, nor am I prompted to do so. I remain logged in, and every time I go back to flowerchat, I'm online & ready to read.

I seem to remember something in options, in your CP, but don't remember right now .... reading the FAQ's, the "remember me" keeps you logged in ....

The "remember me" works for me on my home computer and cell phone, but I don't want to utilize it on my shop computers. I don't want my employees logging on to FC on my account.

But even so, I don't think that solves the lost post if one is idle for more than 30 minutes...I could be wrong though.

Never happens to me either - but if it were a problem I'd be writing my long posts in wordpad then pasting them over here.

Reactions: 1 person
I left FC sitting logged on on my computer screen for 90 min. today, while I did other things. Came back and clicked a link, and it was still active. I've never been auto logged out. ?????

Either I'm having trouble getting my point across or I'm the only one this is happening to. Perhaps it's the latter or both :eek:face. Nevertheless, not a big deal, I'll move on.

I stay logged in all day too, never thought about my employees popping onto my login page ...
Either I'm having trouble getting my point across or I'm the only one this is happening to. Perhaps it's the latter or both :eek:face. Nevertheless, not a big deal, I'll move on.
maybe try a PM to Ryan - I'm sure if he had noticed this thread he would have responded.

I'm curious now as well, seeing Cathy had a long post yesterday that was lost, and wondering if it was due to the auto logout as well ...

Hey Ryan, is there anyway to extend the time on the auto log out feature perhaps by an extra 10 minutes?

Sometimes when I'm creating a long post, or even a short one that took me a long time for various reasons, it gets lost because of the auto log out feature (I think). When I click "submit", I'm logged out and everything is gone. Sometimes I can use the back button (before I log in) and my post is still there, but sometimes not.

I've learned to copy my post before submitting, but sometimes I forget.

Maybe it only happens to me, if so then never mind, I'll deal with it.

Thanks!
I changed it to a full hour after your first post.

Let me know if your situation improves :)

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.