BBB reports 47% Increase in Complaints about Florists

heard from the NE BBB today in regards to "someone searching for my business" (BTW it was me) and she was trying to get me to register and get accredited. We had a little discussion in regards to online entities with A+ ratings when there are hundreds of complaints against them yet they retain their A+ status. Told her no thank you, that I didn't need to be accredited as I didn't believe it was a true and accurate rating system and then we discussed the issued reports. She said she had heard of it and would have a discussion with her superior regarding ranking "online florists vs real local brick and mortar florists" seperately. Interesting!

heard from the NE BBB today in regards to "someone searching for my business" (BTW it was me) and she was trying to get me to register and get accredited. We had a little discussion in regards to online entities with A+ ratings when there are hundreds of complaints against them yet they retain their A+ status. Told her no thank you, that I didn't need to be accredited as I didn't believe it was a true and accurate rating system and then we discussed the issued reports. She said she had heard of it and would have a discussion with her superior regarding ranking "online florists vs real local brick and mortar florists" seperately. Interesting!

exactly why I don't go BBB searching.. They immediately call you looking for $$... So I would assume not many people go there to look, because I only get called when I go to their site and check.

In defense of BBB...

We get a fair percentage of our business from our website. It's important to me to learn not only where the order came from (Facebook, online directory, etc.) but also the search terms that folks use.

It is an unusual week when I don't get an order from a search term like, "BBB florist in Charlotte."

Besides, it gives me an "IN" with the local BBB CEO when something as egregious as WB tries to highjack the BBB good name.

All the best,

Bill

Reactions: theRKF and KABERS
Well, the BBB gave WB their A+ back this morning and yet WB still has their fake BBB page up. Not much faith in the BBB to deal with anything right now.

money talks and honesty......... takes a hike .............. or you fill in the blank.....

The weakness with the BBB always has been their need to serve "two masters", the consumer and the retailer. As I stated in my earlier post, they have (IMHO) become obsolete because of the internet.

Over the years I have had run ins with them over minor complaints that were in no way, shape, or form due to bad performance on our part and where the consumer was being unbelievably unreasonable about a resolution to the problem (not having to pay for the first order and a second order delivered free). Unfortunately I had little cooperation from the BBB in virtually every case, as they simple "acknowledged" a disgruntled consumer, not the reasons behind it.

having said that, I am still a"dues paying" member for no other reason than their are a group of consumers that view the BBB Logo as a seal of approval.

Reactions: CHR