Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJ (Big Bad John)

Flower Dude
Oct 31, 2002
Chesterville
State / Prov
ON
Some days you just wonder what makes some florists tick........Just got a call from an Ottawa florist with a TF order 12 long stem roses and she had a total of $57.00, she then asked how much our roses were, I quoted $55.00 per doz. and she asked what about delivery. So I asked were it was to go to, and she gave me the address right in Town 5 doors down from our shop. So I said well actualy there is no delivery charge for that........Guess what she said??

I'll give you the answer in a day or so after you've all replied.......

But here's a hint.......I didn't get the order!! :confused:

Brain Dead...hmmmm

Hi BBJ...

I'm going to take a stab at this...."make it $50.00 because that's what we sell ours for".

Yes, you're right...there are some out there who just don't get it...never have and likely never will.

V

What V said

Add me to the "Just make it $50.00" crew.
Somepeople couldn't buy a clue with a quarter.

Do any of "OUR" politicians own a flower shop? maybe Turbot Flowers? haha

Are you REALLY surprised BBJ??

we EXPECT goofiness from some florists,and I'd have to vote along the same ranks as your other poll voters...
Mike:p

i think this is the one area that i really get upset with our industry....what is with sending orders with no phone number and expecting the busy receiving florist to look up the number or have to call directory assistance....and better yet no address...i will admit that having a phone number in this case is helpful....but on the order no mention of concern that they are sending you an incomplete order....where has the courtesy gone in our industry....and please if i may.....as kindly as possible....send enough money for the filling florist to do something worth receiving....$35 for a table centre including delivery ?????

The answer is...........drum roll....more drum roll......

yep you boardies are just tooooo smart!
After I told her Long Stems were $55.00 per dz and no delivery charge because it was 5 doors from our shop, "she said fine then make it $50.00 cause thats what we charge, and my customer wanted to spend the minimum"!!!! To which I replied "you started off with $57.00 and my roses are $55.00 and you want me to deliver them for $50.00?? come on lets get real" she then replied "okay just forget it" and hung up!!!

Wonder what she was going to do with the $7.00???

Oh, I know she probably ordered from the florist in the next town (the one that sells Sasha Sweets as Long Stems) and charges (I think $8.00 delivery)!!!

Now if only this dumb florist would have sent the order via Merc or Dove for the amount she collected from her customer there would have been non of this b.s. We would have gladly filled the order and added some caspia or million star!!!

Oh well just another day in the life of a florist!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.