Call from TF

autj

Aug 20, 2011
Owings
www.calvertflorist.com
State / Prov
MD
We dropped all ASB ads, no codified product, cancelled calendars ,cancelling our TF website and refused all headquarters and OG orders, then we get a call from TF Friday wanting to analyze our business, they are worried about us because our incoming orders for MD were down over 80% year over year. LOL don't need to analyze me, start with your own business practices, she actually gave me that "we NEED their orders to get our product into new homes" speech, They are down because I choose them to be down, but the important LOCAL 100% orders are up, stop competing with me,stop ripping off consumers, stop sending underpriced stuffed orders and then we can talk, until then analyze yourself

hEH... RIGHT ON....

Oddly enough, FTD called my store a couple weeks ago, spoke to my daughter...told her about "coverage issues" and wanted to sign us up...

Guess they don;t keep very good notes.... LOL

Reactions: anytimeflowers
hEH... RIGHT ON....

Oddly enough, FTD called my store a couple weeks ago, spoke to my daughter...told her about "coverage issues" and wanted to sign us up...

Guess they don;t keep very good notes.... LOL
How about this...call THEM up, tell THEM you'd like to "sign THEM up" and set YOUR terms.....I DID!

We dropped all ASB ads, no codified product, cancelled calendars ,cancelling our TF website and refused all headquarters and OG orders, then we get a call from TF Friday wanting to analyze our business, they are worried about us because our incoming orders for MD were down over 80% year over year. LOL don't need to analyze me, start with your own business practices, she actually gave me that "we NEED their orders to get our product into new homes" speech, They are down because I choose them to be down, but the important LOCAL 100% orders are up, stop competing with me,stop ripping off consumers, stop sending underpriced stuffed orders and then we can talk, until then analyze yourself

They called here, same thing. We could be doing so much for you. I always say, "thanks" but no thanks. In the end end I tell them this is a choice........................

But Mikey... they already have members here....
I know, but, Luc needs to speak up......his town has ONE FTD shop,and ONE TF shop (his) and FTD keeps calling HIS SHOP to get orders taken care of,and it's becoming very "comical"...Luc keeps saying "BUT, you've already GOT a member in this town"......
I suggested he call FTD, lay down HIS terms,and IF they decline, file a "DNC" (do not call) against them, and when they call again, call the authorities....it CAN be done!...FTD WOULD be in violation...they ARE "phone marketing".....

Like Mikey said they started to call me on the Tues BEFORE Mother's Day to fill their orders. Was like that all week. THen they tried to filltered through other channels Like Italo in toronto. THey did manage to channel one through Boucherville QC which are also TF. So they have shops around to get orders filled a certain way if they can't get them done Throught he proper channels.
My reason is this: Why should I filled for a wire service that has already a shop in ELliot Lake and why should I fill orders from shops who doesnt use me year round but only wants me to fill the occasional holiday order they can get done from their FTD members. SO the easy answer is Sorry I can't help you! You already have a FTD shop in E.L.!

I feel special today. FTD called me and asked if they can send a rep since they need coverage in the area. I said you already have a member here and I dont want to pay for a second wire service.

Goodbye!

Reactions: 3 people
Today Teleflora called and wanted to know if I would like to rejoin. I got to tell them that we would be celebrating that we had left Teleflora on June 9th of last year. We are having cake to mark the occasion.
besides, the cake is "better" for you!....:)

on another note TF is now offering a contest for lucky "silly" florists, all you have to do to enter is give TF 50 new email addresses of YOUR customers sounds like a winner to me
Seriously???

Sadly, there are some who will enter...