Casket Spray - How Does It Stay Up/on It?

nuubieflorist

Pro Member
Mar 13, 2012
Fort McMurray
State / Prov
Alberta
Hi everyone,

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope you all have great success this 2014.

Second, our friend past away suddenly and we really would like to prepare their casket spray. Because we are really only a year old, we've never had to prepare one. I understand we should use a casket saddle. But, to "install" the saddle/flowers onto the casket, do we need to use anything (i.e. do we have to stick it on some how? or does it stay on anyway?)

Would love advice right away if possible! Thanks soooo much!

A casket saddle will sit on the casket with out installation. Some of them have little foam pads taped to the underside of the saddle that you adhere to the 4 corners of the saddle. Just put your oasis on the saddle and taped it on well. Then you will make what looks like a giant centerpiece. I like to have some trailing down the front, but it depends on how much money you got and what the customer selected. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope you all have great success this 2014.

Second, our friend past away suddenly and we really would like to prepare their casket spray. Because we are really only a year old, we've never had to prepare one. I understand we should use a casket saddle. But, to "install" the saddle/flowers onto the casket, do we need to use anything (i.e. do we have to stick it on some how? or does it stay on anyway?)

Would love advice right away if possible! Thanks soooo much!
Ummmm, if you are a year old, can you even REACH the casket saddles??...:) Seriously though, I KNOW you need to start someplace,BUT, creating a casket spary,for such a sad occasion, should NOT be a test of your "first time" sorry, but, IF you cannot "see" the simple mechanics of assembling the structure, I for one would be concerned!

Reactions: dlnfloral
It's like anything else.....practice,practice,practice. The more casket sprays you make the more comfortable and confident you will become. Just remember to have balance and good mechanics. You'll do fine.
Let us know how it went.

Thanks for the replies. It went well. It didn't fall. I think it was beautiful.
I had also read a few threads about how the "back" should be done - I.e. that there should be some flowers and not just greens, that cascades on the front are nice (depending of course on what the family wants).

So, I did some of these suggestions. The only thing I would do differently is the cascading - that anytime you do a cascade for the casket it should be the same on the other side because when they carry out the casket it should be even! Definitely a newbie mistake on my end.

I have to admit though, at the viewing and funeral itself, I don't think I was really concerned about it.

But I am glad I did it.