CHF Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHF

Oct 18, 2008
Costa Mesa
State / Prov
CA
I have been in business since 1974, have attended all FTD business and Dutch International School. Attended a class given by Phil Rulludo. Hold a master florist manager and have been teaching floral design since 1991. Many of you may know me from FTD, but did you also know I worked with San Fernando Valley buying Co-op to bring Christmas greens down and currently are working in sales for Mellano a Ca. grower. Since I spent 30 plus years in retail, I thought it was time to learn the grower/wholesaler end of the industry.
I have had the pleasure of knowing many members and traveled the world. Our industry is being challenged to change, what it will become, I look forward to seeing or helping to make sure it has a future and is a respected and profitable business.

Reactions: 10 people
Welcome to the community Catharine. Enjoy.

V

Oh Man! 2 Cathy's.... One initial different!

From now on I will say Cathy R. and Cathy F.....

Welcome to FC Dorothy!

Hickman22.jpg

Cathy Hickman-Frost​

WOW! Finally, our Dorothy has finally arrived to Flower Chat!​

Can't begin to tell you how long TOTO has been waiting for the GIRL wearing the RUBY RED SLIPPERS to arrive on Flower Chat.

Cathy is being TOO MODEST in her introduction folks. She was one of the WHITE HATS in our old FTDA back in the days when, we were a FAMILY!

One of the happiest days in the lives of OUR OWN FTDA FAMILY was when, Cathy Hickman was elected as the next Vice President at our annual convention held in Anaheim from August 6th through August 10th, 1994. When the results were announced that Cathy garnered 562 votes to Judie's 369 votes, we all were jumping up and down like a bunch of kids, kissing, hugging, laughing, and crying tears of joy.

After which, all of us promptly followed our very Dear Friend, Wanda Brady to the closest bar as she introduced our happy group to something called a COSMOPOLITAN. That stuff went down like Fruit Juice, we had many of them, and most of us went BLIND! lol

The CAPTION written in the next issue of FLORIST by Cindy Hoogasian read: "A lively Annual Members' Meeting and a COLORFUL VICE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION were the essence of the 1994 FTD Convention." Trust in the fact the writer's description hardly described our elation over Cathy's victory, especially during that very difficult time of transition.

Cathy went on to become the President of FTDA and worked very hard with Dick Boyce, the first CEO of FTDI, and again with Meg Whitman, FTDI's second CEO, in her efforts to help guide the NEW INC into making the right decisions which would benefit all the members of OUR FTDA FAMILY.

OUR DOROTHY (AKA: Catherine Hickman-Frost) will have much to share with all of our FC members as her floral industry experience and FTDA history speaks for itself, in addition to being a REAL SWEET LIKEABLE LADY. Besides, anyone who can survive and take charge in the LAND OF OZ while fighting off the Wicked Witch from the East with all of his FLYING MONKEYS hanging around, deserves a FREE RIDE back to KANSAS anytime.

Reactions: 1 person
Ah, hey, wait a minute...............................

Hey Cathy -

Welcome to FC. :) For us old geezers, many will remember you as a past president of the dearly departed FTDA. ;)

Cathy has been a tireless volunteer over the years - spending many, many hours advancing the cause of local florists.

Hey Cathy! Other than the "FOR US OLD GEEZERS" part, I concur with everything else you said.

Oh H-E-L-L, I almost forgot! I'm one of those TOO now! Iffen it weren't for my ALZHEIMER'S, I might've remembered. Time to take my donepezil, if I could only remember where I put the bottle. :alcoholic

Welcome Cathy! It seems that FlowerChat has moved up a notch. I hope you love it here!

What a great surprise to see my friend Cathy here this morning. She has so much to add to Flower chat. One of the most knowlegable people in our industry.

Cathy and I have had many fun experiences over the years. In fact, she had a small part in bringing Buddy and I together. She was one of the white hats at FTD.

I think about our little trip to Chichen Itza where Cathy was my driver and travel guide. One of life's great days.

Welcome Cathy.

Carol Bice

I'm new to flowerchat too but wanted to wish you a warm welcome from Florida. My maiden name was Hickman!
Welcome
Anne

I agree, even with the machine guns at the check point, we had fun. I look forward to many fond memories. Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.