Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
Here are some questions we are asked on a regular basis - I thought it might be easier to answer them here.
  • Are the sites user-friendly to operate?
    We like to think so, yes! The sites were designed to be operated by busy florists who don't want to spend their entire life on tweaking their website.
  • Do you help with setting up the site?
    Yes - we'll help with the initial upload of products, pricing, etc., and give you ideas on what types of content to write.
  • I have a teleflora (or FB, M99, FTD, etc) site right now, can I keep my domain name?
    Yes, you own your domain name and it should come with you, unless you have specifically signed away your rights.
  • Do I have the ability to add text, pictures and products, or do I send the request to you?
    You are in full control of your site - you directly change mange the products, text, prices, etc.
  • How long does it take for changes to show up on the site?
    The changes are live immediately.
  • Are there any other charges beyond the $80.00 monthly maintenance fee?
    There are no other ongoing charges for the F20 sites. There are no per-order fees.
If you have more questions, please feel free to ask either by email, PM or replying to this thread.

Ryan

David,

We are able to add the WS images that a particular florist has license to. If you're an FTD shop we can upload the latest FSG images for you.

We essentially have the current FTD, TF and JHC Everyday images. If you want to add something else you'll need to either upload yourself or send us the CD.

Ryan

Ken,

Florist 2.0 is an advanced ecommerce solution. We have shopping cart, your own unique IP (internet address), your own SSL certificate (for secure transactions), order tracking, live updates, multiple delivery options ... lots of features :)

Have a look at www.demoflowershop.com for an example. Remember, you can choose from custom site design or one of our 5 template designs (see the design portfolio on www.demoflowershop.com).

Ryan

As I used the demo I noticed you had to pull down a county list to insert USA. Then the state field populated for US florist will this be a default? I believe only one phone number was requested for the purchaser. Can this be 2?
Not as important but for the delivery recipient should there be a field for a second number. I did see I could just space over and add a second number. For payment type can house account be added? If so
is there a box for account number and would it be a required field. I would say make it available but not required.

The pull-down lists for country & state allow for customized taxes. We can shorten the list of countries, if you like.

Expanding the number of phone numbers, etc., might be handled in a future update, but not on a case by case basis.

House Account will be added in a future update.

Ryan

What if a florist likes their website, but wants to use your e-commerce? Can you run it in a frame and still look good? If so, are there any examples out there I can look at?

Reactions: duanermb
It could be done in practice, though we haven't tried it and aren't likely to.

What is possible is integrating the F20 system with your current site design. Since our sites are a comprehensive platform, not an ecommerce add-on (read: afterthought) it's not generally prudent to try and tack it on to another site.

Ryan

How does the order come into the shop from the website?
The order comes into the shop via email or integration with a POS system. If you are not using PayPal, Authorize.Net or a POS system you will have to log into the site to see the CC number.

Ryan

TY Ryan. Your e-commerce is really nice, but I am looking for just a shopping cart, not a full web page package. Have a wonderful new year and I hope Santa brought you some new fluevogs! :)

Most sites were installed with Movable Type, but we've done a couple recently with WordPress using a wicked-awesome theme that's powerful and customizable. The automatic update pluging makes it easier to cope with WP's security issues.

MT is still the official answer, but that may change.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.