composite bouquets

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, whats a rose composite ?? it sounds abit like what what in UK call a carmen rose ? one rose built up with rose petals to look bigger ! if so, why the paper plate ? sorry im lost ?

Yes, I totally agree.
Wire and tape work really well with cymbids.
I would cross n' hook wire before taping, this makes the finished product very very steady in hand-tie.

Yes, I glue petals to the plate and also to a central rose as follows, for a large composite:

I place the petals with floral adhesive from outer to inner. Take a real rose, and bulk it up with more petals glued around it, then slip it through the center of the petals glued to the ribbon spool end.

Hey, anyone use any other flowers besides roses? I have seen a gladiola composite, and it was lovely, but haven't made one yet.

Theresa,

You can create one with oriental lily as well.
Wire and tape like you do with roses, but using chenille stems instead of
regular wires to protect the petals. It is gorgeous!

Reactions: 1 person
thanks Flowerkid, the lily composite sounds lovely!

Goodie, there is a small composite rose picture on page one of this post. For that posy, there was no need to cover the back, since I used greens behind it, ribbon, lace and a holder.

The gladiola one I saw was a bit awkward because it had a flat back (but the front was beautiful). They used tulle to cover the back. I would consider some sort of ruffle, or treatment to match the brides dress. Salal leaves or galax make a nice dressing on the back's if needed, and if that is the look you want.

Composite Duchess Rose Update

WELL...IT'S OVER WITH (THANKS GOD)

IT WAS REALLY AN ARTS AND CRAFTS PROJECT.......MOST OF THE TIME WAS SPENT BEFORE...... EXPERIMENTING.

THE COLD GLUE MELTED THE FOAM PLATE SO WE DID USE 2 PAPER PLATES LARGE...WITH THE RIMS CUT OFF. WE SPRAYED THE BOTTOM LAVENDER AND USED "COOL WATER" ROSES.

SOAKED THE ROSES IN CG A FEW MINUTES AND THEN CUT A NOTCH IN THE BOTTOM TO ALLOW THEM TO LIE FLAT. THEN GLUE AWAY !

BECAUSE COOL WATER HAS SUCH HIGH PETAL COUNT WE ONLY USED THE LARGE PERIMETER OUTER PETALS AND WERE ABLE TO SALVAGE A DECENT ROSE TO SELL.

WE INSERTED THE CENTER ROSE LAST AND ADDED STEMS AROUND THE ONE ' REAL ' STEM AND USED GOOD RIBBON. THEY WERE ABLE TO BE PLACED IN A CYLINDER VASE OF WATER COVERED WITH A PLASTIC BAG UNTIL DELIVERY TIME. WE HAD TO GLUE A FEW PETALS TO THE CENTER ROSE ON A FEW...

GLUED LOTS OF GALAX LEAVES TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PLATE EXTENDING A SCALLOPED EDGE TO THE 'FLOWER'

THE BRIDE WAS VERY HAPPY AND REPORTED THAT DURING THE RECEPTION PHOTOS ONE OF THE STEMS BROKE ( 1 out of 8 isn't too bad but unanticipared).....SO, GUESS IT WOULD BE WISE TO PICK THE HEAVIEST STEMS FOR THE CENTER....

next time any one has time and some leftover roses try one,,,,sort of fun as long as you don't have to make a batch for a wedding.

I'M THINKING ABOUT DELETING THAT PAGE FROM THE JOHN HENRY BOOK !

JEAN:musical:

Did you take any pictures??? I'd love to see them.

composite / duchess rose

yes, I took pictures and they turned out great........

unfortunately, i'm toooooooo dumb to know how to post them to THIS site !!!

if you want, I can try to e-mail you the pics.....let me know before I DELETE THEM FROM MY CAMERA

JEAN @ floral [email protected] in chicago

I can post them for you

yes, I took pictures and they turned out great........

unfortunately, i'm toooooooo dumb to know how to post them to THIS site !!!

if you want, I can try to e-mail you the pics.....let me know before I DELETE THEM FROM MY CAMERA

JEAN @ floral [email protected] in chicago

Jean, I'd be happy to upload the pic(s) to FC for you, if you like. Just email 'em to me.

Beth :~)
[email protected]

Quite lovely! Good job, Jean!

Status
Not open for further replies.