Corsage Gluing -something's wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they strong enough??????

They sure the he## are. I have a whole box of magnetized corsage/bout pins to prove it.
We just ordered them in to try this prom season, cuz we had heard so much about them.. Ours also came with a stack of little warning slips to include with any order containing them. they must of sent some granny somewhere into turbo mode, cuz they didn't have them in the last box I looked at a couple years ago. anyway. We thought we would just put them in the divided clear plastic organizer box we keep our different colored and sized pins in so we would have all our corsage bout fasteners in the same place. Oops. They all came flying together and stuck to the side of the box nearest the section the mags where in. So we removed the mags but not without a few attachments. and They now have their own space in the other end of that drawer. anyway the pins must have transferred some magnetism from the magnets cuz they kinda cling together a little bit now. Talk about weird-- I envision some members of the wedding party hugging and getting their corsages magnetically stuck together. :rofl::rofl:ha ha :rofl:. Just a thought. We just have to learn to trust them I think is the first big hurdle. enjoying the thread. mrflowermatket

gluing the magnets...

I've never really gotten into the magnets before, but after reading this thread I think it may be time to look into it. Do you use the Oasis glue on the magnets also, or do you use the pan melt for this portion of the corsage/bout?

We have recently used the Oasis glue more and more. Although, last year I made one of the great wristlets with the aluminum wire and metallic wires (I learned this in a class with Hitomi Gilliam) and then Oasis glued the dendrobiums to it. My customer called me the next week and said that her son's date had all the orchids fall off, so it was a little hard for me to trust it for a while. But, went to another class recently with Rene Van Rems and it re-kindled our desire to use it. I think I didn't do the gluing of both places before putting it together. That was the only thing I could come up with why it didn't work.

Side note: the bracelets that Hitomi showed us were awesome. It made me realize we could be getting so much more for our corsage work. Although I like Fitz's bracelets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.