Cube arrangements

concord

Helen
Jun 3, 2009
Concord
www.concordflowershop.com
State / Prov
Ma
I've had two complaints this week that the $50 arrangement was too small. Both were in 5X5 inch cubes. I made them myself and they were exact value. I always warn people that $50 cubes do not look large for the money. (what does these days ?) Anyway, any suggestions when selling these how to make it abundantly clear that it is NOT large? They both specifically asked for cubes otherwise I would not have chosen that style as I prefer they see it before they buy it.

Reactions: bootcampguy
I do all what you do, but stress that this "Martha Stewart" type design is very short and sqautty and that the same flowers in a cylinder or garden type vase can give the appearance of a much large arr. Most change.........

Reactions: concord
Different strokes for different folks...

I did 7-8 cubes today... $45-75... while I agree the size isn't there, I've never had one complaint on them. It's not the size that matters but how you use ... um, that's a different story... It's not the size that matters, it's the style!

I do a lot of these types of arrangements. I usually tell people that they are appropriate for a bedside table or a coffee table, so that they have a sense of size. I also stress that because of the style, they are typically dense with flowers and have very little greenery. I will quiz people a little to find out style wise what they prefer: "dense with flowers", "tall & airy". Also, I usually don't use a 5x5 unless the arrangement is at least $75. Tough to do a $50 arrangement in a 5x5 without a fair amount of greenery. Prefer to use a 6" bubble and even then I include greenery. Hope that helps.

This particular woman asked for lots of greenery and grasses which is why I used the 5" instead of the 4". Since she still thought it was too small it's a good thing I didn't go with the 4". I think I'll just talk people out of cubes from now on unless they are in the store looking at one in the cooler.

We get more orders for the cubes from our website vs. out of the cooler. I think that's because they see the physical size in the cooler even though I give dimensions on the website. Most people don't read the description very well. I also think the cubes photograph very well which may be why the image is more appealing when comparing to other images on the site. We have never had a complaint on the size so far....

I can't remember ever getting a complaint that a cube was too small. Maybe it was just a fluke to have 2 in a row, plus I can't imagine grasses and lots of greenery looking great in a cube anyways so you might have been set up for failure from the beginning. I'd say about a third of our arrangements are cubes. Quick and easy, love em!

I've had two complaints this week that the $50 arrangement was too small. Both were in 5X5 inch cubes. I made them myself and they were exact value. I always warn people that $50 cubes do not look large for the money. (what does these days ?) Anyway, any suggestions when selling these how to make it abundantly clear that it is NOT large? They both specifically asked for cubes otherwise I would not have chosen that style as I prefer they see it before they buy it.

sounds like a bad coincidence. I do not like the pave cube style, but my wife loves it. Seems to resonate with younger female crowd. Was it the person who ordered it that complained or the recipient?

If this happens again, perhaps a little more comments are in order. Did you like the overall design? Were the flowers fresh? I see, so overall you were pleased but you thought it should be larger, is that correct? I am so sorry that you didn't like that style of design. I'll make a note in our system that you prefer a more traditional style in a regular vase so that it is taller, and, therefore, appearing a more expensive arrangement.

It amazes me what people will complain about.

The person who ordered it complained, not the person who received it. The flowers were lovely and she had no issue with quality, just size. She oredered a cube arr, was told those are a low arrangement so not sure what she expected. Oh well, not much I can do about that, but try to emphasize the size better in the future.

When someone orders a cube design here they are told that higher priced "premium" flowers are utilized and the design is compact. Surprisingly I sell cubes with alstromeria quickly probably due to the amount of blooms/stem when they are in the cooler. Probably just a misconception on her part thinking the greens and grasses would be "cheaper" therefore more size.

Shake it off.Sounds like the issue is with the sender.They might of been trying to "impress"someone with huge and wants huge for minimum price. Its just a fluke thing and your prcing and designing are fine.