design help

ssp

Aug 2, 2005
Poplar Bluff
State / Prov
Mo
218635756880383762_zJoiVPeC_f.jpg Have a bride interested in this look--of course not in her budget. However, I am interested in the
design mechanics of the arrangement. Need help please.

If the bride wants all three of the tubes, you will need three tubes wrapped with ribbon and six Lomey adapters and two 10" Lomey trays.

Talk to your supply wholesaler about these items, they are fairly common. Then just fit a few pieces of soaked foam on each tray.

For transport I usually keep them separate and just put the tubes in their adapters at the venue. I like to use u-glu dashes to attach the trays to the adapters.

Thanks appreciate your input. I guess one of the things that concerns me is the flowers underneath the arrangement. Can this look be achieved with foam in trays?

Your suggestions are good and I am going to suggest this look to the bride but I am still curious how the flowers are arranged underneath the the lomey trays. To me it almost looks like a series of oasis balls (3 larger than the other 3) covered in flowers.

For a smaller version

I would do a large oasis ball on a small Lomey dish to allow for the over hang if you have the budget, alternately, I would use either an iglu or a bho fora smaller budget. In a smaller version, I would not try to mimic the multi ball look, pretty as it is.

Reactions: ssp
If you study the flowers, which actually DO look tiny, it's because that is one GINORMOUS centerpiece. Those are dendros sprouting out all over and miniature cymbidium orchids dangling on the ribbons. It's very possible that each of the tubes has a bouquet made in a holder with a handle instead of the lomey dish. It's just as possible that the bottom is spheres.

That doesn't mean you need to copy it exactly. I'm always fearful of designing something that has no continuous water source so I gave my opinion based on how I would achieve the same look, not how it was actually made.

Reactions: KABERS and ssp
Your input has been very helpful. What I intend to suggest to the bride is what you first posted. I just wanted to understand the mechanics of the pictured centerpiece ( not because I thought I would go with it I just wanted to know). Really appreciate everyone input. Thanks again.