design question on TF104-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarb

Oct 31, 2002
Northern CA
State / Prov
California
for those of you with a new TF book. I need some tech help.
On the TF104-1 How do you get the flowers to sit on top of the fruit like that? The recipe calls for a small plastic tray and 1/3 brick of foam, so I would assume that the flowers are done as a small arrangment in the foam. But how do you get it to stay on top of the fruit?

I hate fruit baskets :mad:

The other thing is the price. Could you all do this for the SRP? $60 seems pretty low. I'm going to go price the fruit today but I'm thinking that the sending shop needs to send me mo money..

Jbarb, I would tell the sending florist that you are going to put the flowers in a vase. Put the vase in the basket, bank the fruit around the vase, put the flowers and greens in the vase and game over. Forget the recipe, this would be more secure, unless they like that 1940's era women who wore the fruit on her head. Her name escapes me at the moment.

Your question about "mo money". I think that flowers, people and money are the same. The "mo" the merrier!

Doug

I do believe it was the Brazilian bombshell Carmen Miranda , would have loved to squeezed her melons!!!

Price here $85. canadian.
Doesnt look like ot much fruit. More greens to fill holes but regardless fruits are not always the right shape etc to put together in a basket. I wonder the person who did this arr thought about delivery and WRAPPING. All my fruit basket goes in a decorative see through bag with a bow on top. I would do the arr aside and send them seperately.
Luc

Ditto Doug's suggestion - and just fill to value.

well, it ended up being a moot point. I went to the wholesaler this morning and they had no red mini gerbs in stock. The order said right on it. NO SUBSTITUTIONS, so I wrote and asked them what they wanted me to do and they sent a cancel.

Some people are so funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.