Did you get your Free MD product from Teleflora?

autj

Aug 20, 2011
Owings
www.calvertflorist.com
State / Prov
MD
Talked to my TF rep today about Wesley Berry issues and in a passing moment of candor she mentioned a program TF is doing to entice the "bigger shops" to accept their orders, apparently they will be giving free containers if they agree to accept all headquarter orders. My first question was why aren't all shops included? the small shops are the ones that need the help and with free containers we might actually be able to fill the orders as pictured, then I asked, what is wrong with this picture,you have to bribe florists to accept your undervalued orders, shouldn't that tell you how crappy your photo shopped arrangements really are. I told her that I was tired of TF stealing our local customers,and marketers controlling the designs.She said that TF is concerned about small shops and is trying to make sure that we get our share of orders. Had to ask, what is the difference between TF taking the profit out and any other OG doing it,. an unprofitable order is still unprofitable no matter who sends it . Her response? I can't really argue with you about this. Really. Then we went on to the VD super bowl ad, I asked if they really wanted to help us why did they only promote one of their containers instead of a generic arrangement and why the ad sent everyone to TF.com instead of a local TF shop. Again the answer , I can't argue with that either. We went on ( this was a rather long conversation), I asked about why if they are so concerned about us, TF took huge delivery charges from consumers and did not send any to the florists actually delivering, same answer, there is a pattern forming here. Long story short , Maybe all TF members should call and ask for their free containers, they are making more than enough money from the service charges to pay for it.
PS 20minutes later she called me back and said she was mistaken that they really weren't giving the containers away, Hmmm, I wonder

No free product for me, but 2 different reps have called attempting to have a "Damascus road conversion" with me about excepting orders for Easter and MD. Our store policy is on all .com orders, we except only open orders, over $45 dollar value. If it fits, we deliver.

When asked if that was our policy for F2F orders, No, I will do anything in my power for another florists customer to instill the value in flowers by wire system. They paused, "thanks"..................

Reactions: steve
First off, there really is no such thing as free.

Secondly, it appears they are starting to see difficulty in placing orders taken by them and their OG's.

Why would anyone even want their "free" containers, if they're going to dump discounted orders on you at 4pm on Valentines day?

I was called last thursday from TF and offered free membership for 6 months and free containers. I am a Small shop. The other shop in town with all 3 wire services... next town over.. 2 shops they are teleflora and ftd and one more working in her garage that is all three wire services plus FSN... Then there is a wholesale house/flowers shops (2) in area that delivers to my town and has the contract with the funeral home now, because they are FTD and the owners son is married to a girl who's dad is in the funeral business.

THAT WOULD BE A BIG """NO""" I don't event think I let her finish her offer.

They called here yesterday. Said I was chosen by TF, chosen? For what, to see how stupid I am? Anyway, offered 6 month free membership, 9 months free website, free containers and free product. The answer is still NO!