Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2008
Asheville
enchantedfloristasheville.com
State / Prov
NC
web address; WWW.EnchantedFloristAsheville.com
Opened; Jan. 1985
Training; OTJ, Adam's Eden Florist, Palm Springs, Ca.
Referred by; Bill Shodowski
Hope to gain...more knowledge, hints, wisdom
What I can offer, same as I hope to get, knowledge, hints, wisdom
Closed storefront in 2001 to focus on weddings & parties, work from residence in destination wedding area

Reactions: 4 people
You are located in one of my favorite spots in the entire world (or the limited amount of the world that I've seen)! Is Asheville considered a destination wedding location? Perhaps the Biltmore Estate, the Grove Park Inn.....others?

Welcome neighbor. You will find this to be a very enlightening place. Now that you are here, maybe you can spread the word to other florists in Asheville about this site.

I look forward to hearing from you. Mike

When you moved from your commercial building to your home, did you maintain your business license? Do you still make floral deliveries, i.e., do you still belong to a wire service? I seem to remember sending you some orders a couple of years ago.

the glorious mountains are the areas biggest draw, the venues are just there to facilitate access to the countryside

Reactions: 1 person
Hey Connie, I deffinately maintained all licenses. I did downside my wire service (the others just too costly). I still offer wire service,use FSN. I do deliveriesas well. My main difference that I don't have a storefront and no walk-in business. I do everything by phone or email. No front door to baby-sit. In warmer months I can garden and grow some product. Lots better for the soul.

Hello Amy, I was up in Chicago last July for the AIFD Symposium. Did you attend?

I did maintain my license. I downsized my wireservice to a less expensive one focusing on bare services. I still make delivers, send & accept wire orders, take charge cards. I just don't have a storefront where customers can drop in and pick up something. I do all my business by phone or email.
In the summer I can garden and grow some product, it's a lot better for my soul!

Thanks for answering my questions. My family and I will be at the Grove Park Inn on the 22nd. It is one of our Christmas traditions. I do love your city! The entire area, in fact. My first year of teaching was in Hendersonville.

Welcome to FlowerChat.

Connie, I'm guessing you're concerned about me being a professional rather than a hobbie shop. Please look at my website, enchantedfloristasheville.com I've been in the retail floral industry for over 30 years, started my shop in 1985 and had retail/storefront until 2001. I taught floral design classes at our local community college for 10 years and in the past won numerous local professional floral competitions. This past July I made my first go at achieving accreditation with AIFD. Sadly I didn't pass, missing by 28/100ths of a point. I plan on going to Kansas City and testing again next July. Do I understand correctly that you guys need to "vote me in" before I become a full member here? Janet

I looked at your site and voted for you quite some time ago, and, yes, I am deeply concerned about keeping the site one for professionals rather than hobbyists. Thank you for understanding that. We've been "burned" a few times here, and that's why we have the New Member Introduction. As you continue to be a member here, you will likely come to appreciate that more and more.

You are now a Registered Member, which means that you've been voted in, and that gives you full access to all of the forums. Well, you will have to sign up for the Political Forum, and hold on to your hat if you do. lol

My hope is that you will come to love this site as much as I do.

Hey Mike, I don't think I've met you. I knew Kathy had the shop for sale last year, but lost track of it from there. Are you new to the floral industry?

Well Mike, Welcome to you and Marina to this wonderful industry and let me be a resource for you. Don't hesitate to call on me with any questions. I've been doing this a long long time and have probably made all the mistakes at least once. Janet

Welcome to flowerchat, from the ocean side of Carolina, I have conversed with some of the most knowledgable, and generous people in the industry here on flowerchat. I am very proud to be part of this group. Join us in the Kansas city here we come group.
P. Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.