Not open for further replies.

Flowersgalore

Sep 26, 2006
Dallas
www.metasflowers.com
State / Prov
Texas
Hi everyone,

I am Meta of Floral Designs by Meta. We are a full service Event Planning and Floral Design Company. We specialize in decor for large events and medium sized events. Our primary focus in decor are the floral arrangements. I don't have a day to day flower shop but have a design studio.

Reactions: 3 people
HI! Do you have a website??

Reactions: Victoria
Hi! Are you the owner, floral designer, or both?

Hi Meta. I echo the thoughts and queries from my collegues above, with a couple of questions of my own. What led you to floral design and event planning and where did you take your floral design training.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

V

Hi Meta. I echo the thoughts and queries from my collegues above, with a couple of questions of my own. What led you to floral design and event planning and where did you take your floral design training.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

V

I think I can tell!;)

I learned the art of floral design @ the tender age of 16 working part time in the floral shop of a funeral home. I learned care and handling and basic design with practical training on the job. I have since taken various courses on everrything from flower shop management (although I don't have a shop) to wedding designs, sympathy designs, care and handling, etc. etc. I do continuing education classes on an annual basis at the local community college, the arboretum and our state floral association.

Reactions: 1 person
OOPS Found them.

Just went through a list of over 125 shops with addresses in Dallas.But I don't find your shop name among them.Can you provide a little more information, please.

Hello Meta,
I'm sure you will be a wealth of energy and creative ideas. It will be nice to get to know someone who has event management and planning experience. I can't begin to tell you how much business I get by having friendships in the Planning industry. And to be a florist too? I think you will be a unique member and be for-warned, I'll pick your brains A LOT!

I do hope you share some of your unique ideas.

It will be nice to have someone with event management experience in our membership, I vote yes.

Hi, would you mind telling us if you work from home, or what your position is at the moment, do you freelance? This is not meant to be invasive, rather give our members a chance to get to know a bit more about what you do in order for them to cast their vote on your membership. Thanks.

Just went through a list of over 125 shops with addresses in Dallas.But I don't find your shop name among them.Can you provide a little more information, please.

Usually event people don't advertise like you do. They usually tend to advertise by networking within their industry. Up until several months ago you would have had a hard time finding my company through search. I recently by accident stumbled on how to list in Google local search, after what 9 years.

The event industry is learning too.

Reactions: CHR
I am not a day to day florist. I am not listed as a florist in any traditional phone book, but if you check on the internet for floral designers/event planners, I hope I appear. The largest group of my clients are interent savvy 19-35 year old brides. I advertsie where I get the biggest bang for my buck. I have no need for advertising as a florist it creates unwanted traffic for my company, because as I stated I don't do day to day flowers, just large events.

Most of the people that I network with in the Wedding Industry advertise in the exact same manner as I do. There are hundreds of people in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that do what I do. Although most of them have had no formal training in the floral industry, they do floral designs and decor. We tend to be more flexible for our clients in that we are not tied to the day to day business of running a shop. i can meet my clients at any time and in the place of their choicing, normally the venue.

I have a business which like thousands of others is a home based business. I have an office and a design studio in my home. I have employees, just like a regular florist shop, I just don't do the day to day selling of flowers. I advertise through magazines, the internet and trade shows. Once I have a client we determine what their needs are and we go from there. In the planning phase we determine what they want their wedding, reception, corporate party etc, to look like. Me and my staff then go about making it happen. We create the florals depending on the size either in the studio or at the venue. We provide linens, lighting,, etc. It's a fantastic business in that we get to create fantasies for others.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.