FlowerChat Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this link about the 'Florasaurus': http://www.florasaurus.org/scientists-discover-florasaurus.php . Pretty well explains what is happening in the industry today. Do we [wholesale/retail florists] want to become extinct or do we want to be 'The Florasaurus.' I think this is why we have joined FlowerChat-to learn from our past mistakes, to embrace the new technologies, and most of all-to thrive and grow! I would hate to think that the demise of the wholesale trade would happen in my lifetime...

Love it except I think that fork in the evolutionary road was a bit sooner than this year and those that didn't take it are already doomed to extinction.

Now I just wish it would hurry up and happen so survival of the fittest can play its part.

Re: The Florasaurus

Yes-we have had our share of extinction casualities over the last 3 years/most extinctions happened last year. The economy here in western new york is really horrible! But, again-the one's that have left us, did not change with the times. We saw it happening, and sometimes you can't stop the inevitable. But-I hope that the remaining Florasauruses keep learning, and being progressive, and changing with the times, and giving the customer what the customer is really looking for....

(OOPSIE! Please forgive my rant...:fdevil:)

Florasaurus

I saw this thread and I thought you'd like a song I wrote in
Flowers & Cents flowersandcents.org on August 18, 2005 in From the Floriculture Songbook

Our Florasaurus
(To be sung to the tune of "Under the Boardwalk)

Oh, when his sales are down:
consumers don't like what they see.

And it's decision time
to give his flowers more longevity.

Our Florasaurus,
where can he be? e-e yea.

With his head stuck in the sand.
He's history!

Our Florasaurus.
He's leavin' town.

Our Florasaurus.
His flowers brown.