Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
By now you've likely noticed the banner at the top-right of each page, and the vertical banner on the FlowerChat home page.

In the coming weeks, FlowerChat will start displaying advertisements from selected vendors and service providers. To start, we will be contacting a select group of FlowerChat members who we feel will be a good fit for our audience. After that, we will consider applications from outside companies.

Our intentions with this system are twofold:
  1. To provide relevant and useful offers to our members.
  2. To generate revenue to fund further growth and expansion of FlowerChat. (more on this in coming months)
All advertisers will be screened, and only those with a relevant and useful offering will be allowed to advertise here. I am more inclined to turn down an irrelevant offer than to accept an ad purely for short-term revenue - doing so would pollute the advertising environment here and undermine all our efforts.

If you have questions about the FlowerChat advertising program, please contact me privately by email (advertising at flowerchat dot com), by Private Message, or publicly by posting a reply to this message.

Cheers,

Ryan Freeman

There are no banners at my screen - the oldy view of FC. Does this mean this channel will remain ad free? :>

Please, no ads for FTD/Proflowers/800/TF. please .... I'll up my annual donation ;)

Tracy,

We will only be displaying ads that are relevant to our membership. Love or hate FTD, et al, they aren't likely to benefit or be a benefit by advertising here.

The "oldy" version of FlowerChat will be phased out with the next upgrade. There are many, many template edits to maintain, so it's not feasible to run separate designs into the future.

Ryan

Wow Ryan... we continue to grow and prosper. Well done.

V :)

Idea...

Great idea! I hope that it works out well for you.

I have a suggestion:

Create a page of flowerchat in which vendors can be listed (possibly give a free very basic link) and separate into categories similar to the Sourcebook on SFA.

Vendors can pay for increased exposure/ higher listings in their categories.

Members can rate their experiences similar to the Amazon.com ratings. (This would be great for the community aspect of this site.) I believe that rating systems actually keep suppliers on their toes.

You could even incorporate the search function into the "source book" so that if I was searching for "cattleya orchids", I would not only see all of the threads that have that search term mentioned, but I would also see suppliers that offer that product and their FC user rating. (Like google ads)

I think that the community would get a lot of use out of a system like this!

Disclaimer: I do not know anything about programming!

Compensation for good ideas.....

To my amazement.......Yes, Joe, there will be compensation for good ideas, and it will be substantial.

Unfortunately, in my case, I have a backlog of bad ideas that I have to pay off first.

Looks my first bonus might be a ways off.

All the best

Does this mean that contributors with really good ideas get compensated?

Joe
:) You may confusing this with the Florist 2.0 project, which does reward users who contribute innovative ideas.

Ryan

Okay, now that I've googled "florasaurus", I've seen all kinds of cool dinosaur related florals stuff. I hope someone will tell us what the heck florasaurus.ort is. I signed up for the email whatchamthiggy.

anyone have a clue?????

multiple question marks..... means I'd really really like to know :>

tracy

zimmerman.jpg

well I know in needlepoint, an ort is a container that some people use for their scraps of threads. Could it be a junkpile of postings?? Whose going to guess the correct answer here?

I really just wanted an excuse to post that awesome dinosaur pic, even if it has nothing to do with florasaurus.org
lol

well I know in needlepoint, an ort is a container that some people use for their scraps of threads. Could it be a junkpile of postings?? Whose going to guess the correct answer here?

WHOOPS! My bad, spelling on the run you know - it's .org, not .ort. Good to know it's a real word, I guess.....:cool:

hmm, crosswords use ort as table scraps.......:rofl::rofl:

Or a boysaur who likes flowery shirts. Oh lor the burning questions that can occupy a long Friday afternoon! Think I'll go back to PR strategies ... safer ground!
C

:hammer:I signed up too for Florasaurus not knowing what i was signing on to. I thought it was part of FlowerChat and something i was suppose to link to. I missed the post on banner advertising. Gee, this community is cranking. If you miss one day I feel totally out of the loop...but still lovin' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.