FlowerChat facebook page for the consumer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiggy

Jun 5, 2006
Yerington
www.yeringtonflowers.com
State / Prov
NV
What does everyone think? a place for consumers to ask questions of us florists about whatever they want, a directory of hometown florists ..... whatever.
there are so many of us on here- with so much information - couldn't we pool it together in one place for our consumers?

and along the same line- a flowerchat twitter account?

FlowerChat is a BIG entity- lets give it a voice

Yes and Yes.. Those are my votes? DO I get a vote! I will help too!

Go Tracey!!!!! :O)

Reactions: twiggy
Wow Tracey, what a great idea!! With so many posts about the need to educate the public about flowers, local florists, etc. I vote yes, yes, yes. And I'd be willing to put in some time to help make it happen. Need to lay out ground rules and divvy up the work needed to be done.

Reactions: twiggy
We've toyed with the idea before - either as an open forum(s) on FlowerChat (which brings more of the community to the audience) or on a site like FB which will bring less of the community to more of the audience.

The biggest question, though, is: will the consumers care? Is this a big enough purchase for them to be interested in being educated? How much research are they willing to tackle before placing their order?

2nd biggest question: How do we keep it from becoming a downward spiral of "You're an idiot customer for buying from the big brandz! OGs suck!! Real florists 4ever!!"

Ryan

PS - If a page or group is to be formed on Facebook, it will need to be firstly under our control, if it uses the FlowerChat name.

PPS - We need a plan before action. Please, don't someone get excited and giddy on a Friday afternoon and start something before we're ready.

We've toyed with the idea before - either as an open forum(s) on FlowerChat (which brings more of the community to the audience) or on a site like FB which will bring less of the community to more of the audience.

The biggest question, though, is: will the consumers care? Is this a big enough purchase for them to be interested in being educated? How much research are they willing to tackle before placing their order?

2nd biggest question: How do we keep it from becoming a downward spiral of "You're an idiot customer for buying from the big brandz! OGs suck!! Real florists 4ever!!"

Ryan

PS - If a page or group is to be formed on Facebook, it will need to be firstly under our control, if it uses the FlowerChat name.

PPS - We need a plan before action. Please, don't someone get excited and giddy on a Friday afternoon and start something before we're ready.

You mean - we can't say OGs suck? JK! I think for the most part we are all professionals and we are aware of this in a public forum anyway.. (notice that I did say most part)

I do think that some people who might send flowers, don't for fear of "sending the wrong thing.." People like the idea of sending flowers but some see it as an etiquette thing and think they will get it wrong.. and just don't do it for fear of embarassment.

Others just want to know what is in season... It doesnt have to have the FC name.. just the people that make up the group - Smart florists who know the answers to the questions! No Negitive stuff - Only positive! Thats all..

We've toyed with the idea before - either as an open forum(s) on FlowerChat (which brings more of the community to the audience) or on a site like FB which will bring less of the community to more of the audience. This is a great idea!

I do think our consumers care- they care 'in general' about our business- FC could start discussions about how to care for their bouquets at home- questions about what flowers send what kind of message-(not the meanings of flowers) great for the guys wanting to know how to make a good impression.

This would worry me too- I think all that ends up sounding like sour grapes to our customers. I think our message (use local) would get out as a by-product of our interacting with our consumers on a personal level.

Ryan

Don't worry I'm not going to start something- something like this would have to be done RIGHT- with careful thought.

I think this has a lot of potential- now, if we could agree on what to say when we get a voice... sigh

Reactions: Sarah Botchick
Don't allow me and Jon to have access... :dunno:

seems to me, that we have the RFblog already and that we have not gotten much in the way of contributing florists, yet alone consumer inquiries to justify the work input into it already...that said... a set of forums may attract more interaction...

Teach people how to order flowers like you all taught me. I swear it will help the entire industry if people felt more at easy ordering flowers from local florists.

Reactions: mikec
I agree that this idea has merit. I would be happy to be involved....I've said it before and I'll say it again...the more we educate our customers, the more they buy flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.