flowervendingmachine Intro

HUMMM - You giving those things away or what??

Hummm, lets see I could cram one of those in the hole where my front door is, then I could just stay home....sounds good to me.

We looked into a vending machine to provide to our local hospital. I think that's the kind of setting (or maybe airports, malls?) where I could see them working.

I can see it being a viable option for florists who want to expand their market but don't want the expense of paying rent and employees for an actual shop.

NO doubt many of the florists here will scoff at it and then complain when their local hospitals buy one themselves and put one in and they are cut out that market all together.

Everyone hold on, I'm working on a replicator. I got the idea from Star Trek. Let me get through the holidays, I'll try and finish it once all the fat has left my arteries. :notyet:

We looked into a vending machine to provide to our local hospital. I think that's the kind of setting (or maybe airports, malls?) where I could see them working.

I can see it being a viable option for florists who want to expand their market but don't want the expense of paying rent and employees for an actual shop.

NO doubt many of the florists here will scoff at it and then complain when their local hospitals buy one themselves and put one in and they are cut out that market all together.

Hi folks,
I bought one, actually from Bush Refrigeration, I believe mine was number 16; in 1997. Still have it, still use it.http://any-timeflowers.com I have had two different store locations, had an area built for it at old store, and now at new store. Brings in between $300 -$1000 per month depending on season.

That isn't very much money, but I consider it another service to my customers, a service that brings IN a few extra dollars.

Go ahead and scoff, but when I can be closed on Sundays and at 6:00pm on week-nights because my customers can still come and purchase something from ME instead of the.... (insert your competitor here), I find little to scoff about. ;)

This probably works at drug stores, grocery stores with no floral departments, and shopping malls. Any place where there are a lot of food traffic.

It's like having our own supermarket floral department without paying rent.

It doesn't look like designed to hold vases though. In that case, hospitals may be difficult. I may be wrong.

But ..ok..well ..are they like a snack machine? Not trying to be funny , but how does it work?

if you go to the website it shows the machine and how it works.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
a florist friend owns three of these machines (not the brand of this new applicant). one is in storage but the other two are in hospitals.

They want me to buy the one in storage. The two in hospitals generate $1K and @ $300 each every month. Theirs only accepts cash, they do not want to add a CC swipe to the machine. They pay the hospital aux 20 pct commission.

I think they are a good idea, but buying new is cost prohibitive.

a florist friend owns three of these machines (not the brand of this new applicant). one is in storage but the other two are in hospitals.

They want me to buy the one in storage. The two in hospitals generate $1K and @ $300 each every month. Theirs only accepts cash, they do not want to add a CC swipe to the machine. They pay the hospital aux 20 pct commission.

I think they are a good idea, but buying new is cost prohibitive.

Agreed. I paid $12,000 for mine, a sixteen door, in 1997. I believe they are now around $16,000 through Bush in Camden, NJ.

I have replaced the compressor once. Every frikkin' time the currency changes, I have to send out the module for that, bought an extra so there is was no down time. That module is now defunct, cannot be changed to accept the newest $10 and $5. Have to buy two more that are re-programmable, but they are about $300 each.

Maintenance has been minimal for me, but it needs an ambient temperature to operate at optimum efficiency. The first location was in the front of an air-force base store, inside, but right by the doors that opened A LOT. Big problem with condensation, even with door heaters, in the summer humidity, you couldn't see inside the doors, and there were always puddles of water in front of it.

My newest location at my new shop, I finally got it right by planning the air-conditioning venting to stop MOST of the summer condensation.

Because I have always had it in my shop, I don't know how much power it draws, but can run on either 110V or 220V.