fsn #

KABERS

Jan 3, 2005
la porte
www.kaberfloral.com
State / Prov
in
I just reupped with fsn. After going over the numbers with Joe, it would be a mistake for me to go 90/10.
I barely had over 1000.00 incoming.
Outgoing; gross 8562.00 (140 orders)
so my 20% is 1712.40
less the $299.00 annual membership
less the $3.99 per order relay fee= $558.60
potential profit = $854.80 (not real because of interest on credit card)
If I change to the 90/10 I would actually be in the hole $1.40

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Jen, you are right. But the goal is to get the people who send you orders to be at 90%......so that 10% would come back to you in a perfect world. Right now, only a handfull of mine are 90 incoming, hoping for more.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
The problem is I only recieved 1400.00 (gross) incoming for the whole year. There are 4 shops in town 2 of us are fsn only and two shops are ftd/tele.. I would think the wire service shops are still getting the bulk of f2f unfortunity.

I'm glad you looked at the numbers realistically Jenifer. Everybody has to do those figures for themselves to know whether or not they will work.

I send at 10%, (the receiving shop gets 90%) and have hopes that there will be reciprocity eventually. I also look though at the value my listing with FSN has in regards to the referrals they send to my own website. They are generally in the top 10, and their referrals do convert to buyers with many more page views ~ these are people who WANT to buy flowers. Not much difference in price for their directory than some others..... I'm so glad you decided to still keep them.

Reactions: KABERS
The problem is I only recieved 1400.00 (gross) incoming for the whole year. There are 4 shops in town 2 of us are fsn only and two shops are ftd/tele.. I would think the wire service shops are still getting the bulk of f2f unfortunity.

Surely you should be allocating some of your "fixed" FSN cost - the membership - to incoming and not just out-going? By doing that, although incoming appears to be in the (my estimate) region of 30 orders, you MIGHT find that you could offer the 90/10 split and, perhaps, break-even. Mind you, at least you are covering all of your FSN costs whereas so many of us can't -or couldn't before breaking the ties that bind- the "Big 3" WS costs.

Reactions: KABERS
I see what you're saying Simon. The gross was 1400. less 20% = -280.00 less my actual cost of goods is 45% (yes im bad and working on it) - 630.00 = $490.00 potential profit for the year. I just don't think i'm in any position to give that away.

Reactions: Simon Says