FTD Email

dlnfloral

Beaches,Umbrella Drinks and Jimmy Buffett Are Call
Feb 26, 2008
Naperville
www.dlnfloral.com
State / Prov
IL
One of my wholesalers called today saying that another florist she sells to received an email from FTD today.It stated that they were selling roses for 59.99 or something like that.I told her I'm not wire service affiliated but I maybe able to find out.She said well if they are that sucks for eveyone.I said welcome to our world.Thus why I'm not in a wire service. If anyone else got this email please let me know or any info about it.Thanks

Reactions: dlnfloral
those ftd 12 stem roses are only 14" tall, yes not quite 40 centimeters tall. LONG STEM THEY ARE NOT. But how many
CONNED sumers will read the fine print.

the TF are a whopping 1 3/4" taller. BTW

and if you order in advance, it's shipped from them, not florist delivered as far as I can see.
but then of course, TF is florist delivered for $51.95??

I have told FTD that I won't fill ANY orders from ftd.com.

I don't get any of that junk.

Gotta say I'm simply stunned at how low TF's V Day products are priced. They are loaded with roses and I can't see how a shop could possible design and deliver something like 'Parisian Pinks with Roses' for $54.95. There's also a 2 Dz 'long stem' red roses arrangement for just $121.00. Shops are crazy to price their own work like that, let alone fill for $.65 on the dollar.

Gotta say I'm simply stunned at how low TF's V Day products are priced. They are loaded with roses and I can't see how a shop could possible design and deliver something like 'Parisian Pinks with Roses' for $54.95. There's also a 2 Dz 'long stem' red roses arrangement for just $121.00. Shops are crazy to price their own work like that, let alone fill for $.65 on the dollar.

It gets worse! TF has on their site the "Premium" ('C') version of T64-1, "Always On My Mind, their seemingly standard "long-stem" red rose dozen, at a $114.95, delivered.

If I was Joe Public, even with a service fee of $15 - possibly more, but no sales tax, unless in CA or AR - why wouldn't I buy from TF? I am possibly never going to discover the "con" because I could get a florist that works hard, delivers quality as pictured when I, as the consumer, want it. In a few years time that good, hard-working, diligent florist might have gone bankrupt c/o a WS or seen the light, left WS and be better off for it. Yet TF will have moved on like the praying carnivore herd on the look-out for easy florist meat. But, hey, I the ordinary (in the best sense of the word) Joe Public is not to know and will repeat the transaction with TF time and again until he stumbles and gets burnt...it has to be twice in quick succession because one burn might just be anomaly

Gotta say I'm simply stunned at how low TF's V Day products are priced.....Shops are crazy to price their own work like that, let alone fill for $.65 on the dollar.

Can't say I'm stunned as much as I am saddened by corp greed knowingly taking advantage of their "member florists". As sad as it may be, it is only going to get worse. Hey why not---They make their 35% regardless of how great the deal is. In fact, the better the deal, the more they sell, they more they make!! The only one that loses is the filling florists, however the WS already knows they are willing to lose money filling for them, because they are still a member! Until they run out of "valued member florists" to exploit, it will continue.....

The ONLY thing that will change it is when enough of the smart florists GET OUT, and the foolish ones that keep drinking the kool-aid go under, and the WS can't deliver their promises to the customer.....

I can't believe they are showing 69 different items under vd

I'm going to show less than 10, about half roses...

69? Kinda goes with their commercial... Stupid!

Reactions: retro

Checking TF's site this (5th) morning, 2 doz, inc delivery are now at $189.95: much more realistic (for true long-stem) and even $209.95 for the TRS01 version -up-graded vase. 1 doz in the form of T64-1 are $99.95 (inc. del). Excludes their $19.99 fee for 2/14 delivery.

FTD on the other hand has 12 "long-stem" - 18" tall so, let's be generous and say 50cm stems used - @ $79.99 for 1 dozen. 2 doz are $139.99. Inc del.,,,,excluding their service fee.

1-800 same pricing as FTD at the moment....but their 1 doz, florist delivered, are 25" tall arrangement.

Wonder if FTD and 1-800 will increase the product prices and, if so, to what. If neither do, will TF cut their prices or "flood" the Internet with significant discounts?

The discount *deals* will continue to increase in volume right up through a week from today (Sunday)...

Proflowers has been all over the tv this weekend, have yet to see TF or FTD... I imagine they will concentrate their efforts online.