FTD for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to the purchase by Perry Corp. FTD would have been worth 400 million, but now? What I've heard from phone calls I've made today suggest it won't be anywhere near 400 million.

That explains a lot about what ole Bobby has been up to what with all the signing up of junk shops, no quality control etc. It's all in the numbers ya know! Just think, 1800-flowers owning FTD! Would'nt that be a kick in the pants......

Hmmmm....

Knew about the article before it ran (?), but anyway...

Hear-say {?|?|?] far as I know, lets see last week it was Hallmark, now 800, and I heard Mikey and Ryan were on deck for the second week in July....

Time will tell, ain;t everything "for sale".... I know MY BIZ is, if'n ya got enough bucks....

Been hear'n this for years now....

and BTW, I think 400 is a nice round number, a little shrot perhaps, but round...

I doubt...

Originally posted by jbarb
That explains a lot about what ole Bobby has been up to what with all the signing up of junk shops, no quality control etc. It's all in the numbers ya know! Just think, 1800-flowers owning FTD! Would'nt that be a kick in the pants......

The DOJ would let that one fly :cool:

Re: Hmmmm....

Originally posted by BOSS
Hear-say {?|?|?] far as I know, lets see last week it was Hallmark, now 800, and I heard Mikey and Ryan were on deck for the second week in July....

Actually, it was June, but Mikey couldn't get the financing together in time. Seems he blew the budget on a stack of LCD screens ;)

So funny that this has been on the boards since almost 5 days ago and on mention on the "Great one's" board itself. Couldn't stand it (had to do it). Those who are so stiffly FTD....sorry (getting ready to get shafted again for the 2nd time in less than 10 years and ready to get out finally)

all joking aside, it would seem to me that this would be a good move for 1800.com. They are already the biggest but they are not a WS. It would devastate TF if 1800. bought FTD they would obviously pull all of there orders from TF. They already have drop ship capabilities so they could easily assimilate FTD.com
I know Boss made a reference to the DOJ not allowing it. I don't see why not. Since 1800. is not a ws they are not making themselves a monopoly. Stranger things have happened....:rolleyes:

Hmmmm....

Originally posted by Rhonda
So funny that this has been on the boards since almost 5 days ago and on mention on the "Great one's" board itself. Couldn't stand it (had to do it). Those who are so stiffly FTD....sorry (getting ready to get shafted again for the 2nd time in less than 10 years and ready to get out finally)

Not really, use what I need and leave the rest.....

BUT, "IF" someone was to buy FTD (and I doubt there will be any takers) they would have to come out with a new model...no doubt about it....

800 stands very little chance at pulling it off, as I'd bet, they know, that it would be the end of their same day fulfillment network in many cities....would then be very easy to BOYCOTT them...

But Boss, why would they be anymore boycotted than they are right now? Yes there are those of us on these chat boards that won't fill for them but I don't think that we are anywhere near the majority. If anything I would think that they would have more of a guarentee of same day fulfillment. It would put them in the position of filling for them or going straight TF. And those shops that choose to go straight TF would be losing all of those FTD, 1800 incomings. We have to look at this from a different point of view. Most shops want incomings. I'm not saying that this is going to happen, I don't have any idea what is going to happen, I'm just thinking that this would be a pretty good position for 1800 to be in......

Yep Jim...

WE MUST, and we also must HOPE, that IF/when FTD is purchased, that the new owners would look to do things differently, however that said...

I do NOT think they will find a buyer, and as we all know the Ws Biz is in decline, never to return...

time to adjust.... FLEXIBILITY is key !

Status
Not open for further replies.