FTD Master Florist

blumen

Jan 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
www.ludwigflowers.com
State / Prov
PA
I just found the title of "FTD Master Florist" given to a couple of local florists (who, I'm sure, fill a lot of incoming FTD orders.)

I couldn't find any description of the program on Ftdi.com. Anyone know what this is about?

Thanks.

Linda

It's from back in the 90's, after FTD sold they discontinued. Those florists who are advertising that are really relevant. Kind of like having a 10 year old award hanging. I call myself Ormond's Premier Florists (self appointed), works for marketing.

Reactions: grok
What's the point????

I don't want to be associated with them!

Reactions: grok
Just another way to lock you in and steal more of your money

autj,
I love reading through these threads and stumbling across these pearls of wisdom.

I have been an FTD member for some time and I am confident that they have never stolen anything from me, I willingly joined their service and feel it is a mutually beneficial relationship. If it ever becomes otherwise both FTD and I have the option to leave and get on with our lives.

I have no problem with anyone not wanting the services of another business, but to continuously have cheap shots and accusations tossed around on this board is pointless and serves no larger good. I continually hear that the Flowerchat board is made up of "professionals", so why not act like one. If you have actual fact based comments post them, if not sit back and reserve the slurs.

By the way, I am not by any means suggesting FTD is a saint or otherwise. none of us are. I am simply saying they have not stolen anything, what they received was willingly given for services rendered, if you feel the value is not there, don't use the services.

On a last note, if by chance FTD held anyone at gunpoint and took their money please let me know and I will modify my comments, otherwise try to behave.

Reactions: RoseGirl40
I have been an FTD member for some time and I am confident that they have never stolen anything from me

Read more: FTD Master Florist
Where professional florists grow FC Professional Florist Community

I too was a long time member of FTD, when I pay them a fee to be a member and then they advertise to my local customers, sending them to their own website and selling them over promised under valued designs. I consider that stealing, maybe your customers have never had that experience but plenty of mine have. This is supposed to be mutually beneficial to the florist and FTD but the benefit to the florist is long gone, the fee structures and constant addition of new fees skew the benefit even more to the WS side, and hence I took your advice and quit FTD on 1/31/12. I don't consider it a cheap shot to tell the truth and more florists need to see that there is life beyond WS. If them marketing to your customers fits into your business plan, great, they no longer fit into mine

I have been an FTD member for some time and I am confident that they have never stolen anything from me

Read more: FTD Master Florist
Where professional florists grow FC Professional Florist Community

I too was a long time member of FTD, when I pay them a fee to be a member and then they advertise to my local customers, sending them to their own website and selling them over promised under valued designs. I consider that stealing, maybe your customers have never had that experience but plenty of mine have. This is supposed to be mutually beneficial to the florist and FTD but the benefit to the florist is long gone, the fee structures and constant addition of new fees skew the benefit even more to the WS side, and hence I took your advice and quit FTD on 1/31/12. I don't consider it a cheap shot to tell the truth and more florists need to see that there is life beyond WS. If them marketing to your customers fits into your business plan, great, they no longer fit into mine

Autj,

See you did have a choice, you "got out". However the fact that you are not happy with them does not make your version the"truth".
All I am saying is your out, move on and get about your own business. As for other florists see what is beyond the WS's, that is something that as individual business people they need to decide for themselves. For some the WS's are still an important part of their business, for other not so much.

I know from our own point of view it works well and that we will remain members as long as it does. However, like any other aspect of business things could change and if they do, we ill try to change with them.

Good Luck

autj,
I love reading through these threads and stumbling across these pearls of wisdom.

I have been an FTD member for some time and I am confident that they have never stolen anything from me, I willingly joined their service and feel it is a mutually beneficial relationship. If it ever becomes otherwise both FTD and I have the option to leave and get on with our lives.

I have no problem with anyone not wanting the services of another business, but to continuously have cheap shots and accusations tossed around on this board is pointless and serves no larger good. I continually hear that the Flowerchat board is made up of "professionals", so why not act like one. If you have actual fact based comments post them, if not sit back and reserve the slurs.

By the way, I am not by any means suggesting FTD is a saint or otherwise. none of us are. I am simply saying they have not stolen anything, what they received was willingly given for services rendered, if you feel the value is not there, don't use the services.

On a last note, if by chance FTD held anyone at gunpoint and took their money please let me know and I will modify my comments, otherwise try to behave.
They just did Doug, with 10 days notice!

We were TF and they did steal. They lied when selling us the Dove. Which.locked us into a contract for large amounts of money that as it turned out we did not need to spend. They threatened that we would be breaking the law if we did not upgrade. Not a physical gun, but close enough.
Just because your relationship with FTD has not resulted in your money if clients being stolen does that.mean it is not true for others.

Reactions: autj