FTD past due in paying

pdxdoug

Dec 29, 2009
Portland
State / Prov
OR
So I quit FTD last August 31st and have yet to receive a final check from them.
Called Member Services today and it seems as they have forgotten to send the final check.

I rattled the phone rep when I asked if I could start charging a late fee. No she replied and I asked why.
They don't pay late fees she explained and I asked if they charged them. Well that's different she replied.
It's only a few hundred dollars she observed - ah, but it's my few hundred dollars I told her, not yours.

You can imagine the rest of this conversation went nowhere - she's starting a ticket to find out why I've not gotten my money and I hung up laughing at how nonsensical this conversation was.

All I can say is I'm glad I'm out.
Doug

Thye won't be able to pay you until they do another "groupon" for cash infusion........also that big credit line is due March 1st.........I wonder if they will make that one.

Reactions: CHR and Simon Says
Called Member Services today and it seems as they have forgotten to send the final check.

I rattled the phone rep when I asked if I could start charging a late fee. No she replied and I asked why.
They don't pay late fees she explained and I asked if they charged them. Well that's different she replied.
It's only a few hundred dollars she observed - ah, but it's my few hundred dollars I told her, not yours.

You can imagine the rest of this conversation went nowhere - she's starting a ticket to find out why I've not gotten my money and I hung up laughing at how nonsensical this conversation was.

Doug

Similar thing with TF for me. I had to e-mail them as I wanted a "paper" trail and after spending 2 weeks to get a response was informed that they did not know where to send the check. I got the check 2 weeks after that.

Frankly, all of them are tarred to varying degrees with the same swill from the barrel marked "Deception".

Also quit last august, thought it be nice to charge them late fee. They did call last week of Decembe to verify address so they could send check. Probably banking on not being able to contact curent address. Its like they're saying..in case you had 2nd thoughts about rejoining...we'll make sure to terminate all those.

Reactions: autj
It took them almost a year to pay up for us. And....with 5 stores it was more like a few thousand, not a few hundred. Oops! They forgot!

As more and more florist leave, the problem is only going to get worse. I truly believe that within the next 2-3 years, TF and FTD will start running into major financial problems, if not chapter 11. All their profit comes from filler florists. As filler florists wise up and leave, they have no revenue replacement with the same overhead. Their increased internet marketing is great, but very very costly. Drop shipping flowers provides a little relief, but will not replace the money they get for free off the backs of filling florists.

Reactions: 2 people

Doug
in the Animal Kingdom, some animals have MORE "rights than other animals, they we are ALL "equal"....I SHOULD "re-write" that book!

When I left my relay in the UK, I did not receive my bond back so I rang them and apparently we had to request for the money or they wouldn't send it. They needed to varify that I was still at the address. But if they got off their behinds and sent it straight out I would still be at the address.They are all the same the world over.

TF is worse than FTD. When we canceled our membership with TF we also switched over the a different POS system from Dove and consequently to a new credit card merchant. We did not realize at the time that with AMEX you need your own account so when the new merchant took all the info for my Visa/Mastercard and AMEX accounts we gave them the AMEX account number which happened to be Teleflora's (Visa/Master accounts are yours but AMEX belongs to TF). So over the next 8 months all our Amex money went to TF and while we thought the money was being deposited into our account it was nicely being gathered in the savings account of TF. It wasn't until after Mother's day when we we realized this - needless to say TF did not want to take responsibility and blamed us for not changing the AMEX number. We had over $6K sitting with TF and they wanted us to send over all the AMEX transactions for proof before paying us. For the transactions they could not find (even thought we had copies from our merchant) they did not want to release funds either. Not until had we started threatening with legal action they sent us the check. Talk about thieves!

To follow with what my wife just wrote...

After they jerked us around changing when they would be sending us the money, on a Thursday morning, I called them, told them if the check wasn't in our hands by 3pm Friday (the next day), I would be filing in small claims court. To back that up, I emailed them over the filing paperwork that I had already filled out. We had the check by 10:30am Friday via FedEx.

To some degree, I really wanted to pursue the legal action.