Funeral Home Partnership Programs

TupperGuy

Mar 16, 2009
Woodbury
State / Prov
NJ
I have had an exclusive partnership with my local funeral home for many years now. We set up with Funeral Net if anyone is familiar. For the most part, things work great, although there are many times the funeral home finds themselves taking the orders and faxing them to us. More work, and more ways for mistakes to happen. Either way, any orders generated from the site or faxed orders, I give them a 25% commission off the labor portion of the arrangement price. For instance $100 funeral basket, we figure 55% Retail Floral Product, 45% labor. Of the $45 (labor, container, tape, wire, oasis etc), they receive 25% commission of $11.25. Fair for the customer considering we are not taking the commission off the floral end.

With this in mind, the funeral home is considering partnering up with tributes.com which in turn partners with 1800 Flowers. When they told me this I thought to myself, this won't be good for them, me, or the customer! I am already a 1800 member and see the problems we have with incoming orders from them.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with this program and if so, what are the pro's and cons so I can let the funeral home know this is not the best way.

The way I figure it, any online order goes directly to 1800 flowers, giving them a customer, not me. And I am not even guaranteed I would get the order (unless there is a way for them to direct all web site orders from the funeral home's site to be directed to me), and to top it off, any order as usual that comes through 1800 flowers, I'm paying 1800 flowers a clearinghouse commission and most likely won't even be getting the delivery charge they charge the customer!

If anyone can help me or give me any suggestions, please reply! Help!

I'm also a member of TF to boot! I feel like the amount of money I pay them each month is insane! Unfortunately, I'm only a year in on the new Dove POS and have financing with them for both the Main Store and the Branch Store. What was I thinking?

Ed :eek:)

Since it sounds like the fh is happy with your work, I'd tell them I'm no longer interested in dealing with them if they go this route, and/or that the discount would be eliminated... likely they make more with your partnership than they will with the other...

Our funeral home is owned by a company in another state that has hundreds of homes. They streamlined their multiple websites including a link to 800 flowers. They had it for a couple of years. During the time, we were also 800 flowers. We never got a single order to go to that funeral home which we are the only shop in the same town and zip code.

We terminated our relationship with 800 flowers so I don't know if that link EVER got an order. Since then, they changed to an FTD site (which we are NOT FTD) and then went to yet another one.

With all the change, I would assume that the program isn't working for ANY of their locations which are many.

Reactions: KABERS