FuneralHomes.com

kt4ye

Oct 15, 2007
Charlotte
www.flowerhut.com
State / Prov
NC
Got an email plus a phone call (that I did not take) from these folks. They wanted us to advertise on their website.

Here's the email I just sent them:

"Hello and thanks for the email. I believe that a representative called to see if we were interested in advertising on your site.

The answer is no.

And I'm going to explain why not.

When I went to your site and plugged in Charlotte, NC, I was directed to a page with several Funeral Home sponsored listings and others that are simply "listed." So far, so good.

At the right hand bottom of each listing is a hypertext link called "Send Flowers". Clicking that link took me to a website carrying the DUAL LOGOS of "FuneralHomes.com" and "BestFlowers.com".

So...

Why should I advertise with someone that is already ENDORSING another floral supplier?

More importantly, why would I want to advertise with someone that is ENDORSING someone whose business practices are, in the opinion of many -- if not all -- REAL florists, questionable at best. Candidly, any customer that places an order with them will not get their money's worth.

Here is just one example: On their website they have an item called "Bright And Cheery." This item is a Teleflora branded item with a recommended retail price of $51.99. Best Flowers' price is $53.99. They ALSO charge a $12.99 SERVICE CHARGE for a total of $66.94.

Lets follow the money. BestFlowers KEEPS the $12.99 service charge. They also keep a 20% Commission of $10.80. They then send the order via the Teleflora Network to a REAL local florist for crafting and fulfillment. Teleflora takes 7%, or $3.78.

The customer PAID $66.94

The REAL florist RECEIVES $39.41 and fills the order to that value. Over 41% of the customer's money "evaporated" in "Fees and Commissions."

The customer SEES what was delivered, recognizes that he did not get his money's worth, and decides -- next time -- to send a monetary gift "In Lieu Of Flowers."

Drop your affiliation with Third Party Floral Marketing Predators and we'll be happy to consider your offer.

Until then please UNSUBSCRIBE us from your mailing list.

Bill Miller
Owner
The Flower Hut
Charlotte, NC

Perfectly understandable, clear and, unlike the on-line transaction you reference, no "smoke & mirrors". Thank you.

Reactions: KABERS