garden roses

pratima

Dec 15, 2008
North York
State / Prov
Ontario
What is the best way to have the garden roses bloom to show its beauty. I tried with
Caramel Antike and could not open them completely. Please help!

Personally, I think garden roses are TOTALLY overrated. The money you spend on these short-lived roses does not justify the uniqueness of the rose. I know the rose you are talking about, and that particular variety is a tough one to get to open FULLY. Let's face it, it's all when the rose is cut that determines how fully open it will be as a cut flower...so it's really a crap shoot as to how open consistently they will be. So... hydrate the rose as soon as you want it to start opening. Use warm water, and let 'em go! Otherwise, keep in cooler, not in water (packed from grower/wholesaler), until ready to use.

With garden roses, we will sell them, but suggest other flowers to Brides as there are so many other flowers out there in the land to choose from!!! Just not worth it.....

JMHO...

- H.

Reactions: BobbiR
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately Bride wanted Peonies in August and as that was so difficult at this time, she wanted the look of peonies which she thought
garden roses would give. I have a wholesaler who gets his garden roses twice a week so intend to get them on Tuesday, do the right thing about conditioning
and then pray that they are just beautiful on Thursday when I am working with them. the wedding is on Friday. I agree that they are overrated and that is why
I haven't worked with them till now.

Garden roses.

We used garden roses from Alexander farms in columbia. They grow Gerald Stevens and their own. Used for wedding today and people mistook for peonies. They are more reasonably priced and performed beautifully. We used three boxes of assorted pinks. Just follow their instructions for processing.

Thank you for replying. We have to get the roses through our wholesalers in Toronto and I could not get them from Alexandra
Farms. I just want to make sure they open perfectly for the wedding.