'Gathered' bridal bouquet

Status
Not open for further replies.

allie

Dec 7, 2003
Edmonton
State / Prov
Alberta
Has anyone ever built a bridal bouquet that consists of a bunch of smaller nosegays. The bride 'gathers' from important participants in the ceremony (moms, aunts, etc.,) as she walks down the aisle, then ties together to form one larger bouquet. I haven't seen this before, but I have a bride who is interested in the idea for her own wedding. I appreciate the sentimentality, but wouldn't it be awkward to have to tie it all together (once it's 'gathered') in an efficient and attractive way that will stay intact? Any suggestions would be welcome. There may have been a TV personality (interior designer - can't recall her name) that did this for her wedding on TV. Anybody see it?

Thanks!

sounds like a disaster waiting to happen....I can just see the bride fumbling with these flower clusters, trying to assemble her bouquet on the spot...while crying and nervous! Nice for a TV show...totally not practical for real-life clumsy, nervous brides...And the walk down the isle will take foreeeever...guaranteed the passing-of-the-bouquets won't go as smoothly as the 102nd re-take she saw on TV.

How bout instead....

try talking her into and multi part throw bqt. I make them, that when they are thrown they come apart into several pieces...

I guess if they were just wrapped stems and 4 or 5 were made to form a circle (when held together) they could be dropped into a cone as someone passes them to the bride; the cone would hold them together???!!!
I'm just guessing that this might work.

Or you could attach velcro strips to to stems and that would help keep them together . Still seems like a bad idea , don't think I'd want my reputation to go on the line for it , if the bride can't manage to get it together on the walk.

On the TLC show For Better or For Worse, (love some of the ideas), there was a bride who gathered her roses all along the aisle. Just stems and she just held them all together as she traveled down and then of course passed the whole mess to the Maid of Honor. Probably where she saw it.

I agree with Big Bloomers. I had a bride ask about that and I gently steered her away from it. My reasoning was that it is too much "stuff" to try to be doing as you're walking down the aisle.

I agree with Big Bloomers. I had a bride ask about that and I gently steered her away from it. My reasoning was that it is too much "stuff" to try to be doing as you're walking down the aisle.

Bloom..

It appears you have been busy searching.

I have notice you posting to several old threads.

FWIW: I did a wedding like this and it turned out great.

The week after the wedding the Bride & Groom tipped me $125.

Seems like an odd tip, but I happily accepted.

joe

Yep, I am just responding to things that interest me and not really paying attention to the date. I guess that's a newbie faux pas. :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.