Status
Not open for further replies.

njgraham

Mar 16, 2008
Manchester and surrounding area
www.squidoo.com
State / Prov
New Hampshire
Hi All: I saw these great flower display buckets on a recent trip to Michigan. They were in the floral section in the PlumMarket in Ann Arbor, Michigan -- a beautiful, upscale, organic-type grocery. I sent them an e-mail asking how I might find them, but I haven't heard back. Has anyone run across these anywhere? I'd love to put them in our cooler -- even use them for events. Thanks! Nancy

Attachments

• IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: 1 person
Luvum!

I love these. Great look.

I desire them.

But I wonder about practicality. Is the grapevine a removable cover? Or is it going to get beat-up with bucket cleaning over time? These look like they are in great shape in the picture.

SOMEONE must know about where to find them.

I want to also ask everyone here....

What type of display buckets do you use?
Proconas?
Black or grey plastic cooler buckets? (1 piece or 2-piece with cone foot)
Glass?
Metal French market buckets?
OTHER??

And Why?

Black cooler buckets - ease of cleaning, simplicity of design, cohesive color, ease of storage. I'd love the french buckets, but they didn't seem practical at the time. The two piece buckets w/feet look cool, but storage could be a problem.

Love the grapevine buckets - I'd possibly use two plastic inserts - one to leave in all the time to hold the shape, and a second to hold the flowers/water that could be easily removed and cleaned. I also wonder about the natural fiber and mold in the cooler, from prolonged exposure to the high humidity....

Hmmmm... good point about humidity in the cooler with these grapevine get-ups. It looks like they have an insert. I didn't check it out closely as we were hurrying, but from the photos they look like an insert. However, the thought about humidity etc. in the cooler is a very good one. When I saw them they were on the floor, not in a cooler. I still think they would be great for events if anyone knows where to find them. Nancy

I use a mix of black cooler buckets and metal french pails. The french pails do have a tendancy to get rusty...and that can affect certain flowers.

I love the grapevine cooler buckets!!! I know I have seen them, I will thumb through my catalogs tomorrow and share what I find.

Well, I have worked in shops recently that had all kinds of display - one shop used white buckets covered with wallpaper, combined with black buckets, Another one used all black buckets.

However, I like to use interesting clear glass vases for flower display - Nothing else.
TO me, there is something so classy and so pretty about displays of flowers in glass.

So, if ever I decide to have a shop of my own, all fresh flowers displayed in clear glass vases.

TO me, there is something so classy and so pretty about displays of flowers in glass.

So, if ever I decide to have a shop of my own, all fresh flowers displayed in clear glass vases.

That's what I do. I have those huge cylinder vases that I bought on a direct buy via my wholesaler. Got those big 24" clear ones for about 6 bucks a piece.

Anyway, I've used those for about a year with great results. I even use them for shorter stemmed flowers but just nestle them in at an angle. It really gives a great presentation instead of flowers just smashed into a bucket.

That's what I do. I have those huge cylinder vases that I bought on a direct buy via my wholesaler. Got those big 24" clear ones for about 6 bucks a piece.

Anyway, I've used those for about a year with great results. I even use them for shorter stemmed flowers but just nestle them in at an angle. It really gives a great presentation instead of flowers just smashed into a bucket.

Oh Oh Oh OH!
Post a picture!!!!
I wanna see!

Oh Oh Oh OH!
Post a picture!!!!
I wanna see!

If I remember to take my camera to the shop later this week I will.

I've got a council meeting to prepare for by Thursday so, no promises but, if I remember I will post :) I don't have any pictures on hand because the glass front of my cooler photographs horribly (fluorescent lights vs. glass vs. flood lights inside the cooler...it's not pretty) but, a quick snap shot could definitely give you an idea.

Anyway, I'll try to remember.

I have this photo on hand of the inside of our cooler. I thought I would share it. We painted the walls with chalkboard paint and it is great for changing the look. Not the best picture, but it gives you the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    649.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    591.4 KB · Views: 25
How funny - we just did chalkboard paint too! But I can only write with the big fatty chalk - the little ones just break off. I love the look, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.