Article Happy Anniversary Honey! By Ashley

• Thread starter enchantedfloristoldtown
  • Start date
E

enchantedfloristoldtown

One of the signs of a happy marriage is when time flies. This week, I am celebrating my two year anniversary with my wonderful husband Will, and it feels like just yesterday.​

By definition, an anniversary is “a date that is remembered or celebrated because a special or notable event occurred on that date.” So today, I would like to dedicate this blog to reminiscing about the flowers that made our wedding so unique and visually fantastic.

Sometimes, “more is more,” and the bouquets, constructed differently for each individual bridesmaid, certainly reflect this philosophy.​

Will, the Groom, is indeed a creative man, and took on the task of researching and designing the men’s boutonnieres.​

This arch, with full stems of purple vanda orchids, was the perfect frame for the most important words of the day.​

We went with two varieties of cocktail decor – the ever classic floating candle grouping, and an abstract aluminum wire sculpture. The sculptures were inspired by Will’s Paul Smart Ducati motorcycle, which had its own place of honor at our wedding, after all, marriage is about compromise:)

Extremely lush, the colorful, voluminous table arrangements were made even more whimsical by the fastening of gloriosa lilies and orchids to curly willow branches. Another lively detail was the use of brightly colored wire in the flutes of the trumpet vases.​

When all is said and done, it is the people who are there that add the true magic and love to the day.​

I love my Enchanted Girls!​

Thank you forever and again to The Enchanted Florist, Kelley Cannon Events, Maggie Austin Cake, Lisa Boggs Photography, Main Event Catering, DC Rental, Oxon Hill Manor, Antje Wood, Tricia Suiduit and all of my friends and family who worked to make this one of the best days ever!​

b.gif

Continue reading...

Reactions: bootcampguy