Article Help- Just need wire service for outgoing orders: tired of Google searches...

James

May 14, 2009
Ottawa
State / Prov
ON
Hi Gang,
I need a wire service for outgoing orders.
Typically we would search Google for a good match on flower shop and then phone it in and walk through the design we want.
Is there a good wire service for this situation, or should I just keep track and build a database of my own florist-florist contacts and try and streamline the process somewhat?
I think such an informal list would be valuable, but I would rather access a list than create from ground-up...
Cheers,
James- Bloomfields.ca

Hi James,

Have you ever heard of Flowershop Network? Many of us who are non-wireservice use them. The cost is about $300/annually. If you have your own website then don't let them hard-ball you into it. You can choose your percentage for incoming and outgoing. They will charge your credit card less the percent plus a $3.99 service fee. From there, you can build your own preferred network of florists that you like.

Check it out, it isn't for everybody.

Reactions: sandytf
I would highly recommend building your own list. There is no quality control through the wires. They are all riddled with burned out florists who have come up with their own way of making money from wire work(read: filling to 60% value). I call shops first to feel them out even when I send through the Dove.

FYI once I am out of TF, (like BOSS)I will only be offering wire out service to house accounts and customers who don't have access to a credit card. The wire in/out model is a twentieth century solution to a nineteenth century problem. It's time to move forward.

Reactions: BobbiR and KABERS
flower shop network

Hi James,

Have you ever heard of Flowershop Network? Many of us who are non-wireservice use them. The cost is about $300/annually. If you have your own website then don't let them hard-ball you into it. You can choose your percentage for incoming and outgoing. They will charge your credit card less the percent plus a $3.99 service fee. From there, you can build your own preferred network of florists that you like.

We love FSN THey have one gkitch which they are addressing.. if you have Floristware, it is difficult to select your own florist thru computer,,, but getting that check every week sure is fun ! check them out !

Hi James,

We are a member of FSN. If we know a florist in the area we call direct, and try to direct customers directly to the florist. If both those options fail, we do use FSN to send out orders. Overall it works pretty well and is pretty cost effective. Unfortunately in our area we still have alot of customers that do not have internet access at home, personal credit cards etc. They want us to do it for them. It gives us a way to take care of them....

Well... the sad truth is that the money is in sending rather than filling. Not a secret, but more and more a realization of often-burned local florists.

So fewer (and fewer and fewer) shops want to fill.... but of course, without fillers, senders have no end-points.

We are member of BBrooks and have been completely happy with the quality of florists and the customer service delivered by the BBrooks team. This service isn't for everyone. Minimum order $50 plus local delivery as listed by each shop. Shops receive 100% of their delivery charge and 72% of the order value. No receiving fees, no quality assurance fees, no sending fees, no technology fees, no DRP. No rebates to dOGs. Don't fill orders well and a shop is out! Outgoing orders earn 17%.

I surely understand the burn-out brought on by OGs and dOGs, but a flower world with all senders and few fillers is road of diminishing returns for everybody.

a flower world with all senders and few fillers is road of diminishing returns for everybody.
A flower world where every order is done at 100% increases returns for many...

Well... the sad truth is that the money is in sending rather than filling. Not a secret, but more and more a realization of often-burned local florists.

So fewer (and fewer and fewer) shops want to fill.... but of course, without fillers, senders have no end-points.

We are member of BBrooks and have been completely happy with the quality of florists and the customer service delivered by the BBrooks team. This service isn't for everyone. Minimum order $50 plus local delivery as listed by each shop. Shops receive 100% of their delivery charge and 72% of the order value. No receiving fees, no quality assurance fees, no sending fees, no technology fees, no DRP. No rebates to dOGs. Don't fill orders well and a shop is out! Outgoing orders earn 17%.

I surely understand the burn-out brought on by OGs and dOGs, but a flower world with all senders and few fillers is road of diminishing returns for everybody.

it's diminishing return for the sender. The filler already has no return. It doesn't matter if the order originates from an OG or a Mom & Pop, filling shops give away all of the profit in discounts. Then they go in the hole with wire fees. Honestly, why do we give discounts to sending shops in the first place? They need you as much (or more) as you need them.

Would you give a discount to a customer if they said, "well I called you instead of the other guy. How about 20% off?"

The real (and largely untapped) beauty of the internet is that, while your recipient base has remained the same, your client base has become EVERYONE. We should all send a Thank You letter to the OGs, saying "thanks for showing us a great way to get customers. Now take a hike."

Reactions: BobbiR
Cathy, I agree that BBrooks is great and we have loved them. But they do limit how many florists they have per market and supposedly they only take the cream.

I know that most everyone on FC is the cream <g> but I didn't want everyone having the impression that they can just sign up for BBrooks and they take all comers. They do screen pretty darn well, which is a great part of their success.

BJ

Reactions: CHR