HELP! Made a flower chat faux pas

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy daisy

Apr 15, 2008
Lancaster
State / Prov
South Carolina
I'm new to flower chat and have recently become a registered member. I'm still learning the ropes 'round these parts and evidently I've made a blunder. I posted a welcome to a new flower chat member "Bluebouquet" because I thought as members we are supposed to welcome new members. I hadn't done it before but the newsletters I receive give reminders to current members to greet the newcomers. So, as any good flower chat member would do....I went to meet and greet. However, a day later I found that someone had given me a red dot with a note saying I shouldn't be in that forum. Obviously I'm quite embarrassed and now very confused. Are only long time members supposed to welcome newcomers? Do you need a certain amount of green dots and rep power before greeting others? I'm very sorry for being in the wrong forum, I really didn't mean to be presumptuous. I've read the "rules" and can't seem to find anything to explain this to me. I would really appreciate any help on this matter. Please let me know if there are other forums I'm not supposed to post in!:pblush:
Thanks!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Please let me know if there are other forums I'm not supposed to post in!:pblush:
Thanks!!!!!

you're so bad...here's a green dot, you're so sweet..are you confused??
Once approved you have full access, UNTIL approved, all you did was jump the gun a little, and we KNOW how that feels!!
carry on, welcome to FlowerChat

Reactions: 1 person
I did the same thing when I started. I thought that I was adding to someones rep. (giving green dots) They wrote back and thanked me for the compliment, and informed me that I really didn't give them a "green dot" it was a "blue dot" instead. Just keep doing what you're doing and it'll be fine--we've all been there.."Youngin"

Glad to have you here and involved:bouncy:

Twila

Thanks soooo much Mikey and Twila! You guys are great!!! Hey look! I've got some more green dots....I'm on my way to become a real member now! I shall be meeting and greeting soon! Thanks again everyone for being so kind and helpful. Soon I will be able to green dot other members...yeah! You're first on my list Mikey and Twila!:blowkiss:

don't feel bad girl1 I still don't know if I've been approved!!! Never got the "you're approved" letter.......

I din't even know there are blue dots!

how can i tell how many red dots i got? I bet I've got like a thousand!!!

shannon - go to "user cp" which is the control panel. It will show you the rep nods you've gotten lately - I think the last 5.

I'm new to flower chat and have recently become a registered member. I'm still learning the ropes 'round these parts and evidently I've made a blunder. I posted a welcome to a new flower chat member "Bluebouquet" because I thought as members we are supposed to welcome new members. I hadn't done it before but the newsletters I receive give reminders to current members to greet the newcomers. So, as any good flower chat member would do....I went to meet and greet. However, a day later I found that someone had given me a red dot with a note saying I shouldn't be in that forum. Obviously I'm quite embarrassed and now very confused. Are only long time members supposed to welcome newcomers? Do you need a certain amount of green dots and rep power before greeting others? I'm very sorry for being in the wrong forum, I really didn't mean to be presumptuous. I've read the "rules" and can't seem to find anything to explain this to me. I would really appreciate any help on this matter. Please let me know if there are other forums I'm not supposed to post in!:pblush:
Thanks!!!!!
I believe I can clarify:

The comment you are referring to has nothing to do with your post & vote for bluebouquet. It was a vote against allowing into membership - there were some pro and some con (fairly common). Obviously, you got more votes in the positive!

You didn't make a faux pas, you just misunderstood the timing of the comment. No big deal! :)

Ryan

I believe I can clarify:

The comment you are referring to has nothing to do with your post & vote for bluebouquet. It was a vote against allowing into membership - there were some pro and some con (fairly common). Obviously, you got more votes in the positive!

You didn't make a faux pas, you just misunderstood the timing of the comment. No big deal! :)

Ryan

Hi Ryan, sorry for the misunderstanding. On my cp it showed me that the red dot came from someone who was on the bluebouquet member welcome post. It really appeared like the person was upset that I was in that particular forum. Terribly sorry. Well, I owe some very nice people some green dots!

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.