Off Topic help w/flowerchat page load times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy D'Amico

May 17, 2005
Barnegat NJ, USA
www.myrosegardenflorist.com
State / Prov
NJ
I've noticed all day today, on all computers, that flowerchat is loading slower for me .... in the bottom left half of the screen is a "loading countdown", with sometimes more than 500 items waiting to load the page .... it's similar to what I've had happen when I'm viewing a catalog site and is slowing down page loading for me.

Is anyone else having this issue, or can anyone offer any clue why this suddenly started? It's not happening on any other site I regularly visit.

thanks!

Attachments

• screenshot fc.bmp
    346 KB · Views: 11
  • fcpage.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm using Internet Explorer 7, if that helps - are you guys all using Explorer 7 also?

wow - yes I'm watching over 500 items load. and they're still loading, down to 300 now

Me too, i am also internet explorer 7 (0nly knew that cause of bloomz sign lol)

Really slow and sooo frustrating sometimes when you only have a few minutes to read.

Ok, all you IE folks ... let me know if the situation improves today.

Our new logo is a PNG file which all modern browsers - even recent IE editions - support, but older IE editions do not. Against my intuition I added a CSS hack to allow old IE to render PNG ... but if it's causing problems then the folks on old IE browsers will just need to get with the times. :)

I've removed the CSS hack. Server load levels are normal, and I'm seeing no delays in FF (and believe me, I was on FC a lot yesterday).

Ryan

Ryan

You folks are all using IE.... well there's your problem ;) get a real browser.... :rofl:

I have not seen any issues myself, on FireFox, Opera or Google Chrome, but I never use IE....

Remember to reboot your modems and routers once a week, when you do your PC... (you do reboot at least once a week....right?)

no probs here either...anymore....

I get yelled at regularly by my IT pro husband that I do not reboot enough or defrag enough or back up enough....

and of course TF never ever tells you that you even need to do this stuff so I am not sure what totally computer clueless people do....

Though I don't understand anything Ryan just said, it's way better now, thank you!

no need for the browser snob comments, Boss, thank you.;) I like IE, familiar & works just fine 'nough for me. call me old school :tongue:

thanks Ryan for the "fix" so now I can get MY fix. :)

Reactions: Victoria
all better now and not loading all those things.

Can you believe Boss likes "modern" technology in everything but motorcycles?

Reactions: Tracy D'Amico
Status
Not open for further replies.