How many online orders do you average per day and who developed your site?

Who developed and/or maintains your site and how many orders do you average per day?

• FTD or Teleflora maintained 10 or less orders per day

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • FTD or Teleflora maintained 11-20 orders per day

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • FTD or Teleflora maintained 21-30 orders per day

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • FTD or Teleflora maintained 31-40 orders per day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FTD or Teleflora maintained 41-50 orders per day

• FTD or Teleflora maintained 51+ orders per day

• Non-wire service co. designed 10 or less orders per day

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Non-wire service co. designed 11-20 orders per day

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Non-wire service co. designed 21-30 orders per day

• Non-wire service co. designed 31-40 orders per day

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Non-wire service co. designed 41-50 orders per day

• Non-wire service co. designed 51+ orders per day

• I developed my own site 10 or less orders per day

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I developed my own site 11-20 orders per day

• I developed my own site 21-30 orders per day

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I developed my own site 31-40 orders per day

• I developed my own site 41-50 orders per day

• I developed my own site 51+ orders per day

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE="3"]

"Tom Sawyer"

A modern day warrior
Mean, mean stride
Today's Tom Sawyer
Mean, mean pride

Though his mind is not for rent
Don't put him down as arrogant
His reserve, a quiet defense
Riding out the day's events
The river

What you say about his company
Is what you say about society
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift

The world is, the world is
Love and life are deep
Maybe as his skies are wide

Today's Tom Sawyer
He gets high on you
And the space he invades
He gets by on you

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is

What you say about his company
Is what you say about society
Catch the witness, catch the wit
Catch the spirit, catch the spit

The world is, the world is
Love and life are deep
Maybe as his eyes are wide

Exit the warrior
Today's Tom Sawyer
He gets high on you
And the energy you trade
He
gets right on to the friction of the day
[/SIZE]

Reactions: 1 person
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: good one franca. but i always did wonder if he was really saying "he gets high on you" and "catch the spit"...

i guess so. :dunno:

Want to create and manage your own website?

This is the number one rated, by many, to do that: www.joomla.com
My host (wild west aka godaddy) makes it easy to install on it's own. Their service is awesome and I have never had a problem with them. Plus I can have 200 websites hosted by them and it still is $12 a month. :)

There is a learning curve, beats taking html and SEO classes, joomla does it for you.

If anyone needs help for free, let me know. :) I started re-doing my sites in joomla last week, but have done other sites in it in the past.

Man I bought a really neat Joomla template not realizing it was a whole other system. Then I looked into it more and it does look cool but I am still struggling with the learning curve of trying to build a site with prostores, which I'm familiar with. SO... maybe sometime I'll try that Joomla stuff.

Want to create and manage your own website?

This is the number one rated, by many, to do that: www.joomla.com
My host (wild west aka godaddy) makes it easy to install on it's own. Their service is awesome and I have never had a problem with them. Plus I can have 200 websites hosted by them and it still is $12 a month. :)

There is a learning curve, beats taking html and SEO classes, joomla does it for you.

If anyone needs help for free, let me know. :) I started re-doing my sites in joomla last week, but have done other sites in it in the past.

Just be careful & aware - Joomla is lousy for SEO and it's one of the most insecure platforms available (I'm on my phone, don't have the bulletin link handy)

After a period of research we concluded Joomla wasn't a suitable platform for F20.

If it works for you, that's great - I just mentioned this because the security issues are often overlooked in the open source hype. No point getting fined for PCI issues.

Ryan, what platform did you guys decide to go with?

Free SEO Joomla mods rock and it is all WC3 aligned. Here are some: Most are free and simple to install:
http://extensions.joomla.org/compon.../cat_id,1922/Itemid,35/limit,10/limitstart,0/ - I wonder if the article you saw used the SEO mods Ryan? I am by no means a Joomla expert, but for me, so far so good.

As for security, you are probably right and is something to always think about with opensource. I store no CC# on my back-end and it is back-uped up daily, so I am not as concerned. I have been reading their forums and have never seen someone posting about getting hacked, that doesn't mean it hasn't happen. If I ever do store CC, I'll get get the https or go with google check out and have a third party store important info. I want to see openID evolve a lil more before I make this decision.

There are some bugs, I will say one bad thing about Joomla, but it is really rare and is usually because of a third party mod I installed. Joomla is not the silver bullet.

Joomla templates, like the one I am doing here: www.kirklands.biz (our weddings/event site - don't look at our florist site, it is awful and will be re-done soon) look a lot better than most and up to date and not 5-10 years old. And to install that template, I DLed it and uploaded it from the admin login and I was done, it was that easy. BUT, I don't want to give you false hope, there is a learning curve as to how you want the template to layout (you don't need to know html), etc...

- But once you have it down, it makes life easy. One cool feature I like is I can create my Christmas page now, and tell it the date to automatically post and un-post. I know this is nothing new, but it is new to my set of tools and makes me giggle like a school girl each time I think about it. :)

Springcity, here is Joomla's best shopping cart: http://virtuemart.net and it is free.

If you have no desire to invest 40-60 hours to learn Joomla, don't waste your time. But if you do, it'll be less headache and cheaper in the future.

So far so good, but that doesn't mean it's the best. :) I'd use drupl if I had more coding experience and time. And if I had money, I'd hire an ASP.NET, CSS and Silverlight team and laugh at PHP. lol

Ryan, what platform did you guys decide to go with?

It's all custom, baby. Does exactly what we want with no known (read: published) security flaws.

Free SEO Joomla mods rock and it is all WC3 aligned. Here are some: Most are free and simple to install:
http://extensions.joomla.org/compon.../cat_id,1922/Itemid,35/limit,10/limitstart,0/ - I wonder if the article you saw used the SEO mods Ryan? I am by no means a Joomla expert, but for me, so far so good.

The article was about security, not SEO. I know it sucks for SEO cuz people keep asking me why their Joomla sites aren't ranked. Often the pages aren't even indexed because of the awful Joomla URL structure.

As for security, you are probably right and is something to always think about with opensource. I store no CC# on my back-end ...
If I ever do store CC, I'll get get the https

I'm sure you know this ... but HTTPS has nothing to do with storing, and everything to do with collecting. You are using HTTPS to collect CC info for payment, right??

Joomla templates, like the one I am doing here: www.kirklands.biz

Site looks nice. Looks like one of your plugins ain't plugged all the way in (see attachment (pending)). Tips: Fix your URLs (Joomla has a default SEO friendly URL option, no plugin required) and implement 301s from the old URLs. Also, you need to fix your canonicalization. Good job having the "Home" link not point to index.php, it's a common problem that you've avoided.

One other thing ... SEO is about a lot more than the technical aspects. Plugins can help, but they are never a substitute for even basic learning. So much of SEO is about proper creation of quality content - don't let plugins become a crutch for you :)

Attachments

• kirklands.biz.png
    kirklands.biz.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 7
Yeah, the site is under construction, I just put it up. It took me about 3 hours to do that. (that doesn't include the PS work though)

I know about the admin panel and SEO. I haven't gotten that far, but there is something I have to do different than just click the radio button due to the template. I have to go in and add a line of code in one of the template files. As for SEO, I have one page that has been up for about 3 months and Google likes it a lot. After I re-do my 3 floral sites, we can look here in a few months. It would blow to lose too much page rank.

Yeah https for when I start collecting cc.

Thanks for the reply Ryan and gl with your new web design business.

Status
Not open for further replies.