I know everyones upset with WS but...

autj

Aug 20, 2011
Owings
www.calvertflorist.com
State / Prov
MD
We always at least try to get orders out for our customers on the holidays, today we tried to send a large order to Orlando for today's delivery, I realize everyone's busy, but is it necessary to answer the phone with," we are not taking any more deliveries today". No greeting at all. Then we asked not even from a real florist and the answer "especially a real florist we aren't losing 30% today" I hope they treat their real customers better than that

I agree with the not answering phones like that... (side bar: our phones crashed for a time yesterday... how peaceful it was)...

One thing... order transfer, even florist to florist is dying... many shops are figuring out that doing orders minus the 30%-20% and even 10% is not profitable...

We shut down the dove on the 12th so did not fill any crap orders we did fill some call in f2f orders. but believe it or not we did not get any calls from Just Flowers or any order gatherer's trying to get us to fill orders either. I found that strange.

We had trouble sending a small dishgarden to Austin Texas on Monday, after it bounced around 4 times on TF's network we ended up calling 4 shops before one would take it. On holidays we are really picky about what headquarter orders we'll take, but I usually will take any order from a real BM shop unless they say no subs or I don't have the container/flowers they want. We always check our Dove directory when we take the order to make sure it really is a real shop too!

They probably have a dedicated line for ws (as I do), but no phones should ever be answered that way. In some searches my ws line shows up also.........

No, they should not have answered the phone in that manner, however, give 'em a break. You don't know what was going on, on their end. Vday is an extremely high stress day and maybe that was that person's breaking point. I'd give them a shout out to the Almighty that their day goes a little smoother.

You know that people generally take out their stress on their families and we are all in an extended family. :)