Status
Not open for further replies.

jduncan

May 29, 2007
Harrisburg
www.jodiduncan.com
State / Prov
IL
March 13-15 is the Illinois State Floral Convention in Springfield. I know we have an events forum but there is not much traffic there, so I put it here.

There is a really great line up.

J Schwanke, AIFD is doing a business and design program as well as a hands on workshop.

Deborah DeLaFlor, AIFD is also presenting a program.

James Lutke, who did an awesome program at AIFD Symposium will also be doing his magic.

Brent Leech, AIFD & Bert Ford, AIFD will also be there.... and some chick named Jodi Duncan, AIFD is doing a program as well, but I don't know much about her...

There are several hands on workshops as well.

Information and registration is available online at http://www.isfaflorists.org

and YOU!

I will probably miss this event once again. I have to show my oldest kid all of my old favorite hang-outs were on the UofI campus. The university is hosting some sort of new student event on Friday and Saturday.

actually, I am hoping to do both that weekend. I am thinking there is an ISFA board meeting sometime that weekend. I missed the last one. So I will attempt little of both Springfield to Champaign is an easy jaunt.

joe

and YOU!

I will probably miss this event once again. I have to show my oldest kid all of my old favorite hang-outs were on the UofI campus. The university is hosting some sort of new student event on Friday and Saturday.

actually, I am hoping to do both that weekend. I am thinking there is an ISFA board meeting sometime that weekend. I missed the last one. So I will attempt little of both Springfield to Champaign is an easy jaunt.

joe
board meeting friday morning 8am...joe...think you are to help jerry P.with the staging

bump-ta-bumpity-bump...

Its almost here-you know you want to come!

I want to see James Lutke do this again.....

ry%3D400

I expect to see PLENTY of pictures from the event....just like I posted with Georgia State convention.

Ugh!!!! I wish I could go!!!

bump-ta-bumpity-bump...

Its almost here-you know you want to come!

I want to see James Lutke do this again.....

ry%3D400
HEY....James didn't do that.....He and Bob Friese only attached the 2 branches to bases and I and another designer,forgot her name.... did this design.We added all the greenery,flowers and orbs......see you next week Jodi. Are you doing Land of Lincoln again? rae:)

Way to go, Rae, it looks great. I love the twig thing.

I am doing the Lincoln Cup. Are you?

And I would love to go to the Michigan show sometime--I hear its always a knockout.

I did KY State and it was OK...competition was screw-y. Their DOY competition was themed "getting married in mama's garden" I guess they took it literally, and gave 100 points for category interpretation?

This got second place:
ry%3D400

And this got "honorable mention". In the interest of full disclosure, this is mine.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Jodi, your entry is gorgeous! love that

I'm counting down the days til conference!

Kynda

Hugs to you Jodi.....those darn simplest of ideas, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.