International Floriculture Expo/Super Floral Show

ChristiBrown

Jul 14, 2010
Indialantic
www.rosesarered.biz
State / Prov
Florida
Hey is anyone going to the International Floriculture Expo (formally the Super Floral Show)? I think I am going to go (if I can get my schedule worked out). Anyone ever gone? What did you think of it? It looks like it is a good show.....
http://www.floriexpo.com/12/public/enter.aspx

I went several years ago. I thought I would make some "direct" connections, but if can not commit to a certain flower/greenery/plant volume.....they are really not interested (and I can understand that). Also, you have to be on a Miami/CA logistics route, the that pretty much kills the deal as well. Both affected us, so nothing was gained by my visit.

I also attended some years ago. I would actually like to go again, knowing what I know now. I think my time spent would be much more valuable. When I went years ago, I was the guest of one of our suppliers and basically gave them my input on different products. It was fun to see all the new, innovative stuff, but I wasn't actually networking for myself. If I went now, I would be looking for those types of connections. It's mostly geared towards mass market. Sadly, if you are not in the mass market, you'll find a lot of the new stuff you see is not necessarily available to you.

Well I have registered and am going, I will report back and tell you what I think. I figured it is more geared towards the mass merchants, but I like to see what they are doing too....Also some of the classes look interesting. I like the idea of a national conference that is for the floriculture industry rather than just one small segment of it. I am such an industry nerd.