Not open for further replies.

testmember

Aug 23, 2007
test
State / Prov
test
Business: Acme Floral

Type of Business: Retail Florist

About Me: This is a test post. Currently, I am a new user who can only post in a couple forums. If the members here agree that I meet the guidelines for membership they will give positive rep to this post and my status will be "promoted."

Reactions: 3 people
well that is a pretty cool way to do it, maybe.....

First Impressions....

and "gut reaction" to early posters often expose their truthfulness, and dedication to our industry.
This is probably the best method at this time, and it WILL be up to the membership to approve, or disapprove entry of new posters/members.

Part of me feels like I'm in a sorority with a bag of black and white marbles... I don't know.

V

The idea is not that we discuss the merits of the new member but that we vote via the rep system to approve them.If you need to ask the applicant a question you can post it as a reply or use the PM system.This will let the community have more governance over who joins and give new members faster access than the old system.Ryan

and "gut reaction" to early posters often expose their truthfulness, and dedication to our industry.
This is probably the best method at this time, and it WILL be up to the membership to approve, or disapprove entry of new posters/members.

I don't like it.........also to get in you can post anything on your first post to get a good review.

What about insisting on a business phone #.....it's easy to check if it's listed as commercial or residential #

Just my 2cents worth

So we will be kind of using this as a back and forth, ask and answer pre-forum. Not hey I'm XYZ florist im in blah blah city. Give them a green dot and let them go.

What about insisting on a business phone #.....it's easy to check if it's listed as commercial or residential #

Just my 2cents worth

not a bad recommendation at all!!

So we will be kind of using this as a back and forth, ask and answer pre-forum. Not hey I'm XYZ florist im in blah blah city. Give them a green dot and let them go.

I'd say our peer group, here at FlowerChat, is FAR and WIDE more versed at sizing up a new member, then us ADMIN's could EVER be, so, yes, in a way back and forth, ask& answer, approval by way of positive commentary "adds" to a posters "reputation" which in turn adds the "green dots".
The opposite is also true.....disapproval removes "green dots", and COULD sink a poster into "red dots".....
This "rating system" is similar to that on EBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.