Not open for further replies.

CapeFlowers

Mar 24, 2007
Hargrave
www.capeflowersdirect.co.uk
State / Prov
Northants
Hello Everyone

Greetings from sunny Northamptonshire, UK (at last the sun is shining after what seemed like an endless grey season) where we are enjoying a Bank holiday.

Well, Bank holiday for some perhaps, because I shall be using all the hours to work from home. See, we recently started trading as an importer of fabulous Cape Flora (or Proteas, as some people just collectively refer to these gems). It has been a massive challenge, but we are finally there, and I am trying to get the news out that we are open for business.

I just love these natural beauties. They are clearly something different, have fantastic vase life, and always seem to become the talking point when displayed among the other, perhaps more usual specimens on the shopfloor.

We get our products directly from South Africa and from a few selected growers only. I had the privelege of travelling to South Africa on a number of occasions over the past 6 months to meet the growers and to do the inspections of the farms which I felt was a vital part of starting this venture.

Now it is the challenge of introducing my colleagues/customers to my world of Cape Flora adn to share my passion with them all.

Feel free to have a look at our website at www.capeflowersdirect.co.uk

Would love to exchange a few ideas on here with other members who share my enthusiasm for these products.

Until another time

CFD

Reactions: 2 people
Hi Capeflowers,
You have a lovely website. Proteas are one of my very favorites, though we rarely are able to use them in our little store. Traditional minded customers, they just don't always appreciate the coolest stuff.

How was it that you found flowerchat?

tracy

Thanks Tracy, glad you liked my website. As you can imagine - took ages to research everything and to do the trials so that I could put the relevant info on the website, such as vase life etc. Also, wanted my own photographs as so many sites seem to use the same pics that are not exactly very clear. DId enjoy the trips to South Africa though and it was lovely meeting the growers and to se how these beauties are being grown and harvested.

I came across Flowerchat by accident in my serch to see if there are others about that share my love and enthusiasm for the indigenous flowers of South Africa - they are just so natural and green.

Have a good Bank Holiday.

CFD

I too love love love Protea, Lepto, Leuca and all the things in between. They hold such an interest in an arrangement. :)

You are located in the U.K. A beautiful part of the planet.

Tracy is from New Jersey in the U.S. and I am from London, Ontario, Canada (hope we get our location info back soon), so we don't share your bank holiday. Although, we in Ontario, do have a Civic holiday the first Monday in August. I think that was known as a Bank holiday back when. ;)

What are your particular challenges being in a vendor of protea etc.?

V

Hi capeflowers welcome from Mississippi USA also ( is there a Mississippi anywhere else in the world?)
My customers love protea! Thank Goodness. would love to know more about the business of importing fresh product.

Status
Not open for further replies.