IS it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistinctiveFlorist

Mar 18, 2006
Portland, Michigan
State / Prov
Michigan
Here on Flower Chat, if there is a thread that does not interest you at all (maybe about a type of technology that you do not own, for instance) and you know you will not be reading it, is there a way to keep it from popping up everytime you click on "new posts". Eventually, it goes away but it would be a nice feature if we could just have it not show up (maybe with a click of a button).

Thought I would ask in case it is already available and I don't know it.

Thanks,
Wanda

after you are finished reading the new posts, mark them as read and have them deleted.

If it is a good thread it will pop up again as more people post to it.

I don't do this everday but a couple times a week.

Okay Joe, I tried that and apparently I am not tech-y enough. :hammer:
All that did for me was make every thread I have up showing show up without the "View unread posts" or whatever it normally says at the top of each thread. I can't remember exactly and it is not showing up now. That isn't what I want to achieve. Maybe I am just not following you. (I really am not very tech-y)

I want to be able to mark individual threads that I am not interested in following so that when I log on and click on "new posts" that those threads no longer pop up. However, I rarely have the opportunity to sit and read every thread that I am interested in so I need those that I don't get to read to pop up next time as still unread. Does what you are describing facilitate that?

Thanks so much for your patience!!

Wanda

Wanda,
I do what Joe said - when I am done reading what is of interest to me, I go to the link that says "mark all forums read." What this does is the next time I log on, only new fresh posts will be displayed. Unless there is new activity in the forums I don't have interest in, they're gone. Just do this as you're ready to sign off of flowerchat, and you'll only the the new posts when you come back.

I understant what you're saying - kind of an "ignore" button for individual posts or entire threads, or entire forums. It's a good idea, though I would miss some things that I really should read, even though I don't always take the time.

hope this helps -

tracy

Thanks Tracy and Joe for your help.

I will keep it in mind for those times that I am able to catch up on all those posts that I have.

We had such a killer week last week (read great week) that I haven't been on in about five or six days. Wow, was there a lot of new posts!!

:)

Wanda

Wanda, there is an ignore option on your user cp page where you can make specific people that you chose to ignore..the comments from these posters will then not appear when you read a thread.. it doesn't delete the thread or topic just deletes any posts from specific people on any and all topics.

I know this feature got added awhile back but it seems to have disappeared when the color change came about. Am I wrong and I just don't know where to look? If I am right, could it be added back? There are so many people posting and I found it soooooooooooooooooooo useful!!!

By the way, in case I haven't said it lately (or at all), I love this board. It has helped me so much and I hope that I am occasionally helpful to others as well. Many times by the time I am able to read, others have already posted what I would have said but when I can I chime in to be helpful.

Great job all!!!!

Wanda

Status
Not open for further replies.