Let's talk about Corsages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Oyster Cult

I Suck Cuz I'm Banned
Jan 25, 2003
I quess Our Shop is Lucky, we have not had to deal with Proms during the Mother's Day Holiday for over the last 6 years or so, our 4 Highschools in our area are holding their PROM during June 2-6, (It keeps those kids off the street during the weekend i guess).

Nah it was US Florist

Anywho, We find the Prom and Homecoming thing to be a CASH COW for US. Our kids have pockets of CASH.
Heck we even can do a Wrist for that GUY that comes in at 5 o clock and he is going to the Daddy Daughter dance in two hours.

By the way..WE still WIRE OURS and were trying to go GLUE.

When I look at a name of "Florist" I expect an EXPERT.

When I look at a name of "Flower Shop" I wonder what this means?.

Titles are everything, arn't they?

Re: Re: Let's talk about Corsages

Originally posted by Peter1
How about EXPERT FLORIST :)

I preffer...PROFESSIONAL FLORIST:D

Have a great SUNday folks:cool:

I always preferred flower shop, but it is insignificant.

About corsgaes. We still wire ours, too. I have seen many now on these boards who glue and am interesrted very much. I got a couple phone numbers given to me to call for more info, but have not called them as of yet.

Man, why am I so resistent to change? I hate it! Personality quirk maybe.
:cool: :cool:

Once you glue you'll never go back to wire! For flower placement, quick production and less bulky stems, glue is the way to go. Use the hot melt glue (the kind you melt in a pan) or the glue in the can. Apply topical preservatives to keep the flowers fresher. Since gluing is so much faster, you won't have to do up your corsages days ahead, so don't worry about them perishing out of water. Try an experiment: do a glued corsage and a wired corsage. Keep em in the cooler a few days then see how long they last outside the cooler. I think you'll find it doesn't make too much difference, except that the glued ones are easier to throw together! Just be sure to remove any glue strings when you are finished (a good job for design room helpers).

Glue strings are easily removed with a hair blower on low heat and speed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.