Looks like someone is expecting a few complaints...

secretgarden

Mar 2, 2010
Decatur, Illinois, United States
www.secretgardendecatur.com
State / Prov
IL
I found this article online ~ http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/apr/13/local-company-seeking-600-very-temp-workers/

It talks about how Proflowers is looking for a boat load of people to answer the phones over Mother's Day. I found this interesting though ~

The positions will last through the week after Mother's Day so the center can handle returns and other customer issues, said company spokesman Aaron Chitwood.

Now I have hired my share of temp works at several different companies... but never once did I hire workers to handle complaints. Can you say BROKEN.

Probably won't be as bad for ProFlowers, as they drop ship their majority....

But I've got a buck that says Mothers Week will be another EPIC FAIL for the BIG3....

They all know it, I've been talking to FTD about it for a month and I suspect it's the major reason Teleflora came out with their new reject rules...

Reactions: secretgarden
Probably won't be as bad for ProFlowers, as they drop ship their majority....

But I've got a buck that says Mothers Week will be another EPIC FAIL for the BIG3....

They all know it, I've been talking to FTD about it for a month and I suspect it's the major reason Teleflora came out with their new reject rules...

I will raise you $999. It's going to be disaster. TF keeps calling me and asking if I can provide coverage to x and y and will I buy product for that coverage if I can. I say, can't and no.

What makes me sad, 25K orders will not get delivered (my guess) for MD, so all those people will re-think flowers as a gift giving item in the future.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I will raise you $999. It's going to be disaster. TF keeps calling me and asking if I can provide coverage to x and y and will I buy product for that coverage if I can. I say, can't and no.

What makes me sad, 25K orders will not get delivered (my guess) for MD, so all those people will re-think flowers as a gift giving item in the future.
this is sad,and sadder still......though I `think`that this year`s `version`of Mothers Day sales is going to surprise some folks in the industry....

Ugh.

Instead of hiring 600 people to deal with all of the expected complaints, why don't they just fix the things that cause the complaints? Same over-stuffed images, not requiring a signature for delivery that leads to flowers left to freeze or cook,.....

Better yet, why don't they just go back to wholesaling to retailers ~ it's gotta be a spectacular nightmare to work CS in that place OR the wire services.