march IDEA

Competition? I was just trying to copy and paste the Oasis March Idea news letter and couldn't get the job done without attaching my whole gmail acct. too. Then tried to pull it from the oasis website which refused to open.
I didn't like the majority of designs and can't imagine making them for Mother's Day. I wondered what you all think but you have to find it on your own because i'm going back to copy & paste school - hope they still have recess and naptime.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I too was dissappointed to say the least with this year's mother's day options from Oasis. I don't like any of them and have no idea what the design team was thinking!

Reactions: sandytf and KABERS
thanks! I just tossed a bottle of white in the frig last night, time to crack that baby.

As for the Oasis march news letter... COME ON!!!! I know we are in the Midwest and things are slow in coming from the coast, BUT REALLY??? all that bendy twisty calla lily stuff is just not working for me around here. I'm finding it really hard to find inspiration for affordable imaginative designs for spring, summer and Moms day.

I feel stale. Where are you finding your inspiration these days???????

BTW I absolutely LOVED the Garden Themed birthday party arr, from Cathy at Avante Gardens post to FB today.

Reactions: KABERS
Okay I know this is not trendy but this is darn cute!!!

001-001.jpg

Stole that from Pintrest :) I find some pretty cool stuff on that. I also go to google and type in stuff like calla arrangement and when the list comes up I click on images on the left hand side. Lots of pictures there.

I agree this Idea mail was a waist of time. I understand that they are trying to push their product but come on... for mass production at Mother's Day that stuff is unrealistic not to mention a tad tacky.

Okay I know this is not trendy but this is darn cute!!!

View attachment 15810

Stole that from Pintrest :) I find some pretty cool stuff on that. I also go to google and type in stuff like calla arrangement and when the list comes up I click on images on the left hand side. Lots of pictures there.

I agree this Idea mail was a waist of time. I understand that they are trying to push their product but come on... for mass production at Mother's Day that stuff is unrealistic not to mention a tad tacky.

I love the peep arrangements and had several people share them on my FB page. I did send one to a friend that turned 50 and put on the card "you won't hear a peep from me" especially since i'm right behind her.

Reactions: secretgarden
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about the Oasis designs! On one page they say "traditional..." WTF! I see nothing traditional in all those designs! Those ideas may be ok if I was designing for other designers...but not for our Midwest traditional moms. They like pretty, gardeny, natural flowers. AS far as inspiration, I'm finding a lot on Pinterest. I'm leaning towards very textural, gardeny designs with larger focal flowers like big open roses and peonies and soft, pastel colors. Kind of a shabby chic look. At least that's what I'm drawn to lately.

I will say with this crazy spring we are having I am being more selective in my flower choices. I want to be sure the blooms will still be around mid may. With so many things blooming and done it will be a challenge this year in my area. It may not be that we can't get them, it may just mean that we have to pay premium. With the way our numbers are trending I want to keep all of our price points reasonable with some above and some below. I know some will still spend big bucks on mom so I don't want to shut them out but many of my customers buy for 2 - 3 people so reasonable offerings are number one. These designs do not fit the "reasonable" price point I am going for. To much labor to make it profitable in most of these pieces.

Reactions: KABERS
I agree Lori! Oasis really let me down this time! I usually use at least a couple of their ideas for inspiration but most of these are way to high style for my midwestern, rural folks!