mini calla help needed

Jun 28, 2010
United States
State / Prov
NJ
Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the mini calla lilies to open? When I get them they seem to be pushed together. Any tips or hint appreciated.

I've never had them like that, sounds like a quality issue of being cut too early. You might have better luck if you request 60 cm, they tend to be a bit larger and are always already pretty.

I have not had that problem either on Mini's... but what has worked in the past on large ones Tom, is to **gently** push cotton balls down around the stamen creating pressure outward. Leave them in the bucket, and put another bucket of HOT water beside them and a black garbage bag over both buckets. ***DO NOT put the callas in the hot water!!!***

another option

another option. We have found a permanent botanical latex mini calla that we have been using. Really cannot tell artificial until you touch. ck with local wholesaler. On another note we have never had your issue with mini callas. Perhaps you need a different source.

Tom....saliva does the trick.....wet your smallest finger with saliva from you mouth,and run it around the base of the calla from the INSIDE,working your way up to the tip...keep your finger VERY moist....give it a shot..done it a few times...works!